2.02.2006

The RPR: I Might See My Shadow on Thursday

Ladies and Gentlemen, a very happy Groundhog Day to everyone. For one thing, I can never remember which way it goes: If Punxsatawney Phil sees his shadow, then we have 6 more weeks of winter, or if he doesn't see his shadow then it's 6 more weeks of winter. I can never get it straight. Regardless, we've had some mild weather here in the Northeastern portion of the country as of late, but all that means is that we'll have some freak snow storms in March for all we know. What are the odds that Groundhog Day is on TBS or TNT on Thursday night?

- I may have hit the jackpot with this one. I found a video clip of a MAD TV parody of Laguna Beach . Since we haven't had any Laguna coverage in a while, when I saw this, I knew it had to be posted. By the way, who's looking forward to "The Hills"? Any idea when this is supposed to premiere?

- In other news, Jodi Sweetin (Stephanie from "Full House") comes clean about her meth addiction. The cast of "Full House" is all over the place. Look what it did to the Olsen twins. They are anorexic/alcoholic/drug addicts as well. Seems like Bob Saget was scarred from playing Danny Tanner, and now he's one of the raunchiest comics around. If anyone saw The Aristocrats, you know exactly what I mean. Getting back to Jodi Sweetin, it should be noted that she's 24 years old, which happens to be the same age as I am. It's always weird when you find out that former child actors end up being the same age as you, because your constant point of reference is little Stephanie Tanner at age 7. Very weird. Apparently the impetus for her meth addiction was unemployment and boredom. Sounds like a great idea to me. 'I don't have a job and I don't do anything with myself all day. Might as well get some narcotics and give it a whirl.' Makes perfect sense to me.

- If anyone saw Sportscenter this evening, or checked out ESPN.com, you saw that Donovan McNabb, after a long period of silence on the subject, had plenty to say about Terrell Owens in an ESPN interview. I'm not going to get in to what was said, but just wanted to mention that it ended up getting a decent amount of coverage during the middle of Super Bowl week. Although the Eagles had a miserable season, at least they're in the news (albeit for the nonsense that more or less ruined their season). Steelers fans, don't fret: there'll be 3 more days of coverage with the verbal fight between Joey Porter and Jeremy Stevens. And Hines Ward is still smiling. And if Jerome Bettis truly weighs 255 lbs, as its noted in the official listings, then I'm the Prince Charles' third son.

That's it for tonight. Back tomorrow night to wrap up the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home