1.05.2006

Randomness for Wednesday

I always sit down way too late to write on the blog and then everyone loses because I don't feel like writing too much. Then I lose again because I'm up late and lose out on sleep and I'm tired in the morning and the whole next day. It's basically a lose-lose situation all around.

So how about the Texas Longhorns beating the seemingly invincible USC Trojans? And further more, how about Jared Melzer, who enjoyed the Penn State win in the Orange Bowl with the rest of us PSU fans, and then his current school, University of Texas, wins the National Championship in the Rose Bowl the following night? Jared, you've had a good 24 hours my friend. Hook 'em horns!

By the way, I love watching national coverage of Joe Paterno, especially that Mike Tirico interview with JoePa and Bobby Bowden. When asked if either of them would surprise everyone by announcing their retirement after the Rose Bowl, JoePa responded to Tirico with a wisecrack along the lines of, "Eh, why don't you go ahead and retire?" We all love Joe Paterno.



(Picture courtesy of GoPSUSports.com)

Other quick items. Found this quote on the Bill Simmons website the other day. The quotes they find for "Quote of the Day" are absolutely classic:

"Honestly, this is probably going to strike a nerve with a lot of people. But my most memorable Christmas memory was having all of my uncles and aunties out of prison for one Christmas, and that includes me. We had a lot of run-ins with the law, and to have us all out at one time was great." -- Wizards forward Caron Butler

I don't get to watch Letterman as much as I'd like, but I found a clip on Gawker of when Bill O'Reilly was on. (P.S. I can't stand right-wing radicals, but this is not a politics forum. Don't shower me with pro-Bill O'Reilly comments.) Listen/watch the 11 minute clip of their back and forth bullshitting here. Best part is at about the 10 minute mark when Letterman calls him out and says that "60% of what he says is crap."

That's it for tonight. Back tomorrow with more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home