1.06.2006

"Where Happened to These Movie Stars?" Rant

Let's start off with a bang...

- So today was a day of movie randomness, where I asked myself on multiple occasions, "So what happened to that actor/actress?" First off, I'm in the Target tonight (managed to get out of their with only spending $40. I've said it before, this is how Target and Wal*Mart stay in business....they draw you in when you need a thing or two, and you end up dropping $40 to $50. But I digress.) So I'm walking through the store and I always look at what DVD's are on sale. You never know what you'll find for $7.50 in that store. One movie on the rack was Snow Dogs starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. Let's be serious, I've never seen this flick, nor do I plan on seeing it. In fact, if anyone that was watching this movie in the theater got up to take a bathroom break, there was a good chance that by the time they returned, it had already been released on DVD. Case in point, what happened to Cuba Gooding, Jr.? Everyone loves him in Jerry Maguire and Pearl Harbor, and then the next thing you know, he's in Snow Dogs and Boat Trip.

Next point: I'm sitting here watching the HBO, and I come across First Daughter , starring Katie Holmes. I checked and this came out in 2004, which meant it was probably filmed before the time she became involved with Tom Cruise. However, from the 10 minutes of this movie that I watched before I wanted to bite my arm off, she had this crazy look in her eye. You could tell she may not have been completely stable at this point. Now it all makes perfect sense, because a short time after First Daughter, she started dating Tom Cruise, got brainwashed into becoming a Scientologist, and is now carrying TomKat Jr. It's a lovely world we live in.

Katie Holmes was in "Dawson's Creek" and this would be a perfect segueway into a discussion about Joshua Jackson (or Pacey as you'll remember him). What was I watching?
D3: The Mighty Ducks. He played the captain of the Ducks, Charlie Conway. I'll put it on record as saying that I thoroughly enjoy the Mighty Ducks trilogy. Come on, admit it, they were great. The first one came out in 1992, D2 came out in 1994, and D3 came out in 1996. And I bet you loved every one of them just like I did. So the point here is what happened to Joshua Jackson? Not that I care for him one way or another, but the guy fell off the face of the earth. More importantly, what the hell happened to Emilio Estevez? You'd have an easier time finding a hooker in a church than finding anything impressive this decade in his IMDB.com entry .

While I'm on this rant, can someone once and for all, please explain to me what happened to Chevy Chase? I need to know these things.

- So if you take a look at last night's post, I made my own subway sign from a website I came across. So now, the guy had a gallery of all the signs that have been made. If anyone's bored at work, can you sift through and find which gallery mine's in? It'd be greatly appreciated.

- I'm not going to lie to you, but I think Radiohead's OK Computer will always be in my Top 5 Records of All Time. Just don't ask me to name any others on that list right now. Just an arbitrary and general statement. (By the way, seeing them live at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia on August 24, 1997, will also be one of my all-time great concert experiences.)

- That's it for tonight. I'll be hanging out this weekend and doing some work (gotta love that year-end close!). I may or may not blog this weekend, so we'll see. If I'm around and bored, I'll stop by. Enjoy the weekend.

By the way, the NFL playoffs just aren't nearly as exciting when your favorite team isn't in it. File that one under "Obvious".

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that subway sign maker is fantastic. we've got like 3 in our apartment now. where do you find these things rosspa?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Bryant - It's my civic duty to provide great links to the RPR readers. Check out Gawker.com, which led me to the Subway Sign maker. Gawker is an excellent site all about New York City and incorporates media news and gossip. I've become increasingly interested in the craziness of this city and I've always loved all things media, so it's on my everyday list of sites to check out. And yes, I can see how it'd be great for apartments. I've made a few for work already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home