6.01.2006

The Spelling Bee Made it to Prime Time?

Just a few links for your viewing entertainment, and I'll call it a week.

- Follow-up to The Hills commentary: Thanks to the Jessica for passing on this TVGuide.com blog article with their own commentary on the series premiere. Interestingly enough, they brought up many of the same points that I did. Ok, now be honest... which commentary is better: TVGuide.com or the RPR?

- Here's a link to a video of a guy getting slapped in the face 100 times. Not sure why it's amusing, but I just wonder what people were thinking when some guy sets up shop in a bar and has 100 different people slap him across the face. Must have been quite a scene. (By the way, I think YouTube may be one of the all-time great time wasters. The amount of crazy things you find on there are unmeasurable)

- For the music junkies out there like myself, I came across a very cool site - elbo.ws - which is an "MP3 Blog Aggregator". Basically, it's linked to thousands of music blogs and other websites via syndication coding, and updates fairly often with new music postings and mp3's. Search on the top, and it'll bring up a list of various websites that have posted about whatever you're searching for. Let's hear it for technology.

- So the National Spelling Bee made it to Prime Time? I'm surprised by this. In the past, you'd see the Spelling Bee on re-runs on ESPN5 during the middle of the night. Then, in the past few years, it made it to the original ESPN and you'd even see the highlights on SportsCenter. Someone please tell me how spelling is a sport. I'm a pretty decent speller, so does that make me a decent athlete? It's absurd. Any case, without anyone realizing it, the Spelling Bee gained some national attention, and then ABC decides to air in this evening during a prime time slot. I'm not sure what the ratings were like, but I instead opted for a few repear episodes of The Office instead. Seriously, the Spelling Bee on ABC? They must really be struggling for shows now that Desperate and Grey's are in their offseason.

Enjoy the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home