7.05.2005

Post-4th of July Comments

A few items of business to clean up:

Contrary to popular belief, Philadelphia did not make a fool of itself during Live 8 last Saturday, and in fact, things pretty much went off without a hitch. Of course, you had the clowns who arrived on Thursday and camped out for 36 hours before the show began, and with all of the degenerates that live in the City of Brotherly Love, I have to admit that I'm shocked that riots did not ensue. Think about it: they estimated 600,000 to 800,000 people were there and only minor citations were issued. I will now gather food and water and hide underground while I wait for the apocalpyse.

As mentioned last Friday, I was in the New York City most of the weekend. A couple of items to mention: Walking down 46th St on the east side, we saw Jaime Gleicher from Rich Girls (hint: not Ally Hilfiger). She was with her mom and her father, looking ever so trendy and pretending to be incognito. For the record, I do enjoy cheesey MTV shows such as Rich Girls and Laguna Beach (hey, I hear the new one starts near the end of July....everyone hurry up and set your TiVo's!). I have to give myself extra points though for recognizing Jaime Gleicher, and I'm still not completely sure that Jessica believes it was her. Believe me, it was.


Saw Cinderella Man on Sunday night. Excellent flick and well worth the free passes that Jessica used for us to get in. Very well-made movie, as you would expect from Ron Howard (I mean, come on, he was Richie Cunningham in "Happy Days", so we knew then that he was bound for greatness). Solid performances by Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger. Unfortunately, there was no appearence by Jonathan Lipnicki, but I soon got over it. I enjoyed how they played out the whole story and incorporated some great boxing scenes. I think my face hurt coming out of the movie after seeing all those brutal punches. Anyway, I heard that the movie wasn't doing well for some reason, but if you get the chance to see it, it has the Ross stamp of approval.

New York City fireworks were decent. What a zoo though. You'd think people have never seen fireworks before. I'll give you a hint: they explode, they are different colors, and thirty minutes later you realize that you've been staring at a cloud of smoke in the sky. I was entertained though by all the people who were taking pictures and/or filming the display. I mean, seriously. What are you gonna do? Go home and re-live the experience? "Oh honey, here comes the red-blue-green combination! Wait, the yellow sparklers are coming up next!" What a waste of batteries.

Shout-outs to K.Dowd and BigBryantCee for hanging out on Sunday night. It was good to see these fellas in the NYC. Gentlemen, if you read this....don't ever make me walk through Times Square on a holiday weekend again. Man, you'd think they were giving something away on 42nd St. the way these tourists were flocking there. It was like the whole southeastern portion of the US decided to visit Manhattan this past weekend. And just imagine what it'd be like in Summer 2012 if the Olympics arrived....

Saving up my quarters: Dunkin Donuts' Flavored Iced Coffee (can't go wrong with Hazelnut and Caramel) is my current summer craving....medium runs around $2 and prevents the on-set of my caffeine-addict headaches during the hot afternoons. They even put the skim milk and splenda in for you....now that's service.

More updates as the week goes on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home