11.29.2005

If You Can't Handle the Randomness, Stay Out of the Kitchen

Here we are, Tuesday night, and let's run through the short laundry list:

- I have an old saying that I like to use: "Just when I think I've seen everything, I see something else that absolutely amazes me." Believe it or not, this applies to something a Philadelphia Eagles fan did. Don't know if you guys saw this on CNN.com, but some guy ran onto the Lincoln Financial Field during Sunday's Eagles/Packers game, and spread the ashes of his recently deceased mother on the field. Read about it here.

- Why is it that even if you floss your teeth every night, it's one of life's inevitable facts that the dentist will tell you that you should floss more?

- Would it be considered an OCD symptom if I always put on my socks and shoes in this order: left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe, tie left shoe, tie right shoe? I'm so used to doing it this way that it's subconscious...

- I'm still amazed at the number of people in the eastern portion of this country who drive on the highways and yet still do not have an EZ Pass. Honestly, it doesn't cost anything to have it, so you won't be charged unless you're actually taking these toll roads. Of course, it makes a lot of sense to lose precious minutes by waiting in the "Cash Only" lanes, instead of zipping right through the EZ Pass lane.

- Welcome to the latest round of people who Ross dislikes (this bit isn't intended to make me seem like a disgruntled ogre. It's simply a list of pet peeves):

a) When I ask someone "How are you?" or "How's it going?" and they answer with "Good", and don't bother to ask me how I'm doing. Annoys the crap out of me.

b) People who are obsessive text messagers bother me. Learn how to just call the person because your conversation will end up being way more efficient. [Before you respond with "sometimes it's just easier to text message when you're in crowded/loud/really quiet place", then I'd say to just wait until you can have the conversation. Patience is a virtue. And so is being unreachable.]

c) People who don't give the "thank you wave" when you let them in front of you while driving.

d) In general, people who forget what common courtesy is.

e) Guys who have that "chin strap" beard. FYI - you look like a moron. Either grow a full beard or don't bother at all.

f) People at work who feel the need to bombard you with questions and/or requests the very first thing in the morning, or about 2 minutes before you're about to shut it down for the day.

g) The homeless guy, who, if he spent half as much time panhandling and more time looking for a minimum wage job, wouldn't have to bother asking me if I had any spare change.

That's all for tonight. I may get to the Bob & Kelly wedding retrospective tomorrow evening, so look forward to that. In the meantime, enjoy your day.

2 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've hit on a good point Ross, common courtesy is going by the wayside. And it's a shame. Hope all's well in the CT!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kami said...

I'm so with you on the Toll Tag and the courtesy waves. Dummies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home