11.28.2005

Monday Night Rambling

It's Monday night, and we'll do some quick rambling since I need to get up early for a meeting...

- Great comment that I found on the Bill Simmons' website today:
"By the time we got [to Detroit], it was almost two in the morning, because
ain't nothing open but hospitals, jails, and legs." -- Jalen Rose

- File this under things I'll never understand: the guy with the earpiece for the cell phone, who walks around the supermarket and you're convinced he's talking to himself. In this case, the guy was trying to explain to his wife how to find some piece of data in an email. "Honey, look for the text near the bottom of the email. No, not the attachment. The text! Come on, I know he put it in there, you have to find it!" I seriously thought this guy was talking to himself. Then, as I walked past him, saw the earpiece. Buddy, save your conversations for after the market. I need to concentrate when I pick out my produce and order my deli.

- After the Monday night game this evening, ABC's sideline reporter Sam Ryan spoke with Edgerrin James. If anybody saw this, they noticed the gold teeth that he has on his front teeth on the top and the bottom. Not to stereotype, but since Edgerrin James is a black man, I'd say the gold teeth, along with his dredlocks, looks pretty bad ass. This is something only a black man could pull off. Add gold teeth to the list that also consists of do-rags, oversized replica basketball jerseys, low-rider cars with hydraulics, and wearing a pimp outfit on Halloween. A white guy being associated with any of these items just looks ridiculous. Glad we all agree.

- Speaking of, you have to give the Indianapolis Colts some credit. The NFL is all over the place this year, and they're the only team that's really tearing it up. I mean, come on...11-0 and they are beating opponents by an average of something like 15 points. That's sick. I'm routing for them to go undefeated because I'm an advocate of history and would love to see it in the making. (And they've been a surefire bet to cover the spread almost every week in the process!)

- On the music front: Check out My Morning Jacket's latest release, Z. It's absolutely fantastic. A little "trippier and spacier" than the prior record, but it may even be better. These guys are from Kentucky, so they have the quasi-Southern rock thing going, and have really put together a solid collection of tracks here. My suggestions are to check out: "Off the Record", "Gideon", and "What a Wonderful Man". (You can even download some of the songs...or even the entire album. I heart the internet. Courtesy of Against the Grain. Of course, I would never advocate any unauthorized downloading, so please support the music industry.)

- And since I have nothing else to add, I'm gonna call it a night and come back tomorrow with more. Enjoy Tuesday as best you can.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Pa ... Your dad was nice enough to call and we r going out with your parents on Fri ... And we all know how you are a clone of your Dad ... It is like two Ross visits in one month ... That's great ... I'll give you the 411!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

This is true...first I go down to Austin, and now my folks are headed down there. (They're attending a Bar Mitzvah on Saturday. Imagine that - Jews in Texas?!?!) So Jared and Sarah are gonna meet up with them for dinner. The Weisbrots are representing down in Texas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home