11.18.2005

I'm Gonna Provide Some Randomness

Well, after the marathon Austin postings, let's get back to basics here on the RPR. A whole week has passed by and I haven't had the chance to do the usual ramblings and/or nonsense. As James Carvill said in Billy Madison, "Have at it, Hoss".

- Courtesy of the Jessica: An interesting story about some 'regular' guy in New York City who keeps in contact with Lindsay Lohan for a week straight, because she thinks he's a celebrity. You can check out the full article on Gawker.

- Why is that any time you go to a Wal*Mart or Target, you can't get out of there without dropping $20-$30 on random items? Someone please explain this to me.

- As each day passes, I become a bigger and bigger fan of Death Cab for Cutie. Love "Plans". Love "Transatlanticism". I need to check out their older records as well. I came across an mp3 last week from when they had done an appearance on NPR. They covered the 1995 hit single "Sick of Myself" by Matthew Sweet, and it's an excellent version in my opinion. You can check out the mp3 file by clicking here and then you'll see another link for the actual mp3. (Courtesy of the blog - Yeti Don't Dance)

- So we have Thanksgiving coming up next week, and that's worth a mention. I really enjoy Thanksgiving since it's the true American holiday in my mind. It doesn't have to do with religion or anything else...if you're American, you celebrate it. Plus, Thanksgiving is all about the 3 F's: Family, Food, and Football. But we'll touch more on the holiday next week. In the meantime, while I look forward to my trip home to the Philadelphia, it increases my craving for a cheesesteak. I haven't had a good cheesesteak in I don't know how long. We're talking about a ridiculous level of food cravings at this point, folks. Let's not talk any more about it, and maybe I'll let the craving subside, at least for the time being.

- So this weekend...I'll be in the New York City for another exciting weekend with the Jessica. (Her and I have a very fun Saturday evening planned!) We also have Penn State closing out its regular season on Saturday vs. Michigan State, with a potential BCS bid coming with a win. And normally I'd be more excited about the Eagles-Giants game on Sunday, but the Birds blow and the season's down the tubes. Therefore, I have no expectations for the rest of the season. More on the weekend on the flip side.

- I finally downloaded this Picasa program (powered by Google) and so I think pictures should finally work again on this website. With all of the text, it was beginning to look more like the Wall Street Journal than a blog. Thank you again to Owen for the insight on this program.

- That's it for tonight. Enjoy the weekend.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first official comment on the RPR ...I'll add to the randomness. My dad was at Whole Foods getting lunch for us yesterday (one of the perks of working for your father) and he thought he saw someone who looked familar. He got up to the cashier and and they were talking about how they thought that Billy Joel was in the back but that they weren't sure. It clicked in my dads head that that was the guy who looked familar. So my dad, being his typical self, told the cashiers "watch my food, I'll go find out". He runs to the back of Whole Foods, and sure enough it was Billy with his super young wife. He puts out his hand and shakes it and say "Hey Billy, nice to meet you"...He was going to say "hows it been going" but with the drunk driving, crashing into trees, rehab rumours that have been plauging poor Billy he didn't think that was the best thing to ask. Nothing too exciting...just some more randomness

 

Post a Comment

<< Home