11.08.2005

TO Goes Home

I was debating the silent treatment on the latest in the Terrell Owens saga until it basically came to an end today, with him being suspended for the maximum of 4 games and not being asked to return to the team afterwards. We all saw this coming after the Eagles decided to suspend him for Sunday night's game. Let's face it: the guy is an absolute headcase. He's nuts. There's no other way to describe it. The Eagles did everything they could this year to salvage him and try to keep him on track, but TO is a loose cannon that just went off. The Eagles pulled the trigger and said, "We've had enough." I don't blame them. As much as I loved the McNabb/TO combination (20 TD's in 21 games), this man just could not co-exist with the rest of the team. He's said too many negative things about his teammates, the coaching staff, and the organizational overall to continue to be a member of the team.

Right now, I'm happy with the situation. I think the players will be a lot happier. Some of these guys will have to step up and find other ways to win some games, and possibly sneak into the playoffs (right now, I'd doubt it). It's a shame to lose such a great talent, but that just means that Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown are the go-to guys for Donovan. Andy Reid will have to call more running plays, and Westbrook will probably see more touches on the rush and the pass. I don't have high expectations at this point, but maybe it's good for the team to have this distraction off of their shoulders. Maybe they can play looser. Maybe they can have more fun on the field. Maybe the offense will completely go down the tubes and they'll wish they had TO on the field. We'll have to wait and see.

All I know is that I'm gonna remember a lot of the stories to come out of the Eagles' 2004 and 2005 seasons. I may even look back on it and laugh some day. By the way, sorry to all the folks out there who purchased TO jerseys. You might want to just hang them up in the closet for a while and invest in a Brian Westbrook jersey instead...

I watched Laguna tonight, but had it on mute most of the time because I was on the phone with good friend Bobby Hipp. First person who has a few minutes, please give me a guest write-up on this week's episode? Appreciate it!

In other news, if you read the comments section from yesterday, Jared alluded to the trip that the Jessica and I are taking down to "ATX", otherwise known as Austin, Texas! We'll be down there from Thursday night until next Monday. Just to give everyone the heads up that I'll be posting on Tuesday night and on Wednesday, depending on how slowly the packing effort comes along. Then, the RPR will be taking a short hiatus until I return. However, I'll be sure to have some good stories, and may even check in with a small collaboration with Jared! Don't worry, this is just fair warning on the agenda for later this week.

Back on Tuesday night...

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the RPR fans wouldn't mind one posting while we are in Austin - and you can write about the craziness with the true Texans Sarah B and Jared :) Can't wait for margaritas and sun!! :)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Alexis, excellent job. If your current career doesn't work out, you can always go for a job working as a columnist for some magazine/internet site specializing in teenage dramas. Oh wait, maybe that last statement should apply to me as well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home