11.02.2005

"You're slacking with the RPR" - Jared

As you can see from the title of this evening's post, the natives are getting restless. Here's the story on last night: I sat down to type, but before I could get into a post, I started playing with the formatting of the blog. I've been thinking for a couple of weeks that I want to change up my template, maybe add a few more items to the sidebar, and so on. I made the effort to learn some basic HTML, but have to be honest that it's beyond me and my patience. Regardless, I made some changes, then went to save everything, and lost all of the changes that I made. So I was left with zero updates for the evening, gave up, and went to bed. That's the story in a nutshell. As we say at work, "the net of the whole story is" that I'll play with the formatting again in the next couple of weeks and see if I can add a fresh new look to the Ross Press Release.

Tonight we're going to do some quick hits....I'm gonna ramble off a bunch of stuff on my mind. Let's not waste any time.

- I have a knack of hitting some small rodents while driving through woodsy areas. At home, I've hit a record 3 possums. (Honestly, who hits any possums, let alone 3 of them?) I've hit squirrels, rabbits, and a few other random animals that I wasn't sure what it was when it ran in the middle of the road, and therefore couldn't decipher what it was afterwards either. Of course, none of this is intentional....I don't try to hit these little animals, I just can't get out of the way in time. I've had some close calls with deer, but luckily, have stopped in time (knock on wood). Point of the story...almost ran over a raccoon tonight. That would have been another one to add to the list. This little guy was smart though...he was hanging out on the shoulder, saw my brights, gave me a look, and then ran the other way. Nice work, now go tell your buddies that they need to learn how to do that as well.

- Sports update: TO might not play on Sunday because of a bum ankle. What other great news can the Eagles give us?

Sixers lost their first 2 games. They lost a game on Tuesday night that they seemingly had wrapped up against Milwaukee, and then blew it in overtime. On Wednesday night, they pretty much got their asses handed to them against Detroit. The team seems very one dimensional with Allen Iverson being the main source of offense. Oh wait, it's been this way for the last 5 years or more.

- What's better: doing 2 loads of laundry per week, or investing in extra underwear so that I don't have to do laundry as often? Someone needs to do some Cost/Benefit research on this topic and then let me know.

- Random thought: Back in college, I could grow a goatee or beard whenever I wanted. In fact, every few months, I'd grow the goatee just for the hell of it. And then in December and May, I'd grow the "Finals Beard", where I wouldn't shave at all until finals were complete for the semester. That brings up a dilemma: even if I wanted to grow some facial hair now, I'd go through a few stages:

Day 1 = Clean-shaven
Day 2 & 3 = Cool stubble look (Patrick Dempsey style)
Day 4 & 5 = Homeless person laying on a subway grate in North Philly
Day 6 = Full Beard

So how do I bypass Days 2 through 5? I'd need those days to not be in work, and they'd go beyond a standard weekend. Vacation time probably wouldn't work since odds are that I'd be doing something worthwhile where I need to look presentable. Maybe Thanksgiving? Nope, my mom hates the facial hair and would threaten me. If I had light hair, I might be able to get away with being in work through all of the stages, but all of you have seen my hair...it's one shade lighter than jet black. Pointless rambling here, but I never claim to always make a point.

- On this November 3rd, I'd like to wish good friend Andy Franson a very happy 24th birthday. For those who don't know, Andy was one of my roommates during senior year of college and ranks near the top of my "Overall Good Guys" list. He has been a great supporter of the RPR from the beginning and contributed a great piece previewing the 2005 PSU football team back in early September. Andy, here's to a very enjoyable birthday, be sure to consume some brews, and look forward to hang out in the near future.

That's all I have for tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow night with a weekend preview. Enjoy Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home