10.17.2005

Monday Night Comments of the short variety

Hey it's Monday night, and Monday nights are always good for rattling off a few comments that linger in my mind...

- Over the weekend I was at the Target, and we all love Target. You know what was one of my purchase items? Beef Jerky. That's right, I bought beef jerky, which could quite possibly be one of the manliest of manly snacks. I mean, come on, it's dried meat. How could you not love it? Truth of the matter is that I just had a craving for it and decided that it'd be a good investment for $3.97. Additionally, it should be noted that besides an above-average sodium content, it's really not that bad for you. Slim Jim's, on the other hand, have all sorts of junk in them, and are pretty bad for you. I go for the real stuff... the real, all natural beef jerky. (I apologize if I made anyone vomit while reading this paragraph.)

- New music worth checking out: The Magic Numbers - Self Titled Album. This group is made up of 2 brother/sister combos from Britain and they play some fun, 60's style rock n roll. Some of it leans toward the pop side, and some leans towards the roots, an even a little bit toward new wave. This guys are huge on the other side of the pond, and hopefully will make it big over here as well. (After they become the next "in" band, you'll think of me). Favorite song: "Forever Lost"

- One of my co-workers mentioned today at lunch that Sly Stallone is coming back to do "Rocky 6". My comment was, "Who's he gonna fight? George Foreman?"

- Haven't talked about Laguna Beach lately, but after watching this evening's episode, I can't help but comment. First off, LC loses some major points for this little stint with Jason. I mean, honestly. This guy is gonna play her like a guitar. Portion of the episode that may have gone way off the Unintentional Comedy Scale was their date. First off, when he picks her up in that classic car or whatever it was, it looked like a go kart. Then, as they are sitting at dinner, the conversation went nowhere. If it went any farther nowhere, it would have been going backwards. Here's the transcript of their conversation:

Jason: You look really cute tonight.
LC: (Giggle) Thanks! You're sweet.
Jason: (Smile)
LC: (Smile) (Giggle) I have fun with you.
Jason: (Smile/Stupid Grin) Me too. Omigod, that was the cutest thing ever.
LC: What was?
Jason: What you just did.
LC: (Smile) (Giggle) (Batting eyelashes)

You can't make this stuff up. Have I mentioned before how much this show cracks me up?

I'll check back later on. Have good Tuesdaying.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ross, you'll enjoy this article. http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2005/051007.html

i also can't believe LC is with jason. what do girls see in him?! he speaks only in grunts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home