9.29.2005

Thursday night and I have a few things to rattle off....I was so excited about the Bill Simmons book signing that I didn't even bother to mention anything else. Let's catch up.

- Was watching the Phillies game last night (the Wild Card dreams are all but squashed...what a shocker), and who's in attendance? TO and Freddie Mitchell! Holy crap, this is first FredEx siting in quite some time. I wasn't paying too much attention to the game, but wished I was able to hear the crowd's reaction when they showed the two of these clowns up on the Jumbotron. Just thought this warranted a mention.

- File this one under "Things I Don't Get": Blackberries and other wireless handheld devices. I understand that some people may need these for work, or maybe their job requires that they carry one with them at all times. But my questions revolve around people who choose to own & use one of these gadgets. I mean seriously, do you want people from work getting in touch with you all day, every day? Do you want to be checking email at all hours of the day? Do you want people to be able to reach you whenever they want? I don't see anything wrong with getting away from work when you leave for the day. In many cases, the same work that's there tonight, will be there for me in the morning. Again, if you are a sales person always on the road, then it's a great device, but you know there are plenty of people who own these devices that probably don't need them. They may want to always be connected with their work. As for me, I like to "sign off" when I leave work, and I'll be glad sign back on in the morning. (And if work needs to be done at night, I'll just bring the laptop with me. That's why they provided me with one, wasn't it?)

- I was informed today that the Indian buffet outing will occur on Friday. I'll have a report early next week. (I know you're all excited to hear about Ross trying new cuisine...)

- Here's something to look forward to: We have a guest columnist next week with a great article idea. Good friend from the Penn State, Janet (a.k.a. "J Mo"), will be writing an article about girls who date guys that are obsessed with football, and thus their lives revolve around football every weekend from September through February. I think the Jessica can relate to this one! Janet mentioned the article idea to me this evening and I loved it. We can expect this article probably on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Looking forward to it...

- Speaking of...big football weekend. Undefeated Penn State (!) at home against undefeated Minnesota. Should be a good game, and if the Nittany Lions can get there act together and play 60 minutes of solid football, they may actually have a small chance of winning. Let's hope they can pull it together at the right time. Also, we'll see how the Eagles do on Sunday in the hostile Arrowhead Stadium when they visit the Kansas City Chiefs. Eagles are a hurting squad, and as much as I like the Chiefs' Dick Vermiel and Larry Johnson (PSU product), I'll have to root against them on Sunday. I heart the pigskin.

I'm heading back to Philadelphia this weekend to see the parents. I'll be back on Sunday night with the recap. In the meantime, enjoy your weekend as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home