9.27.2005

I Feel Like Rambling...

Tuesday night and some items of interest to cover...

- First off, the Indian lunch buffet didn't occur today, as the boss decided to take a raincheck until next week. So I'll postpone my commentary on that until I actually try the food.

- Forgot to mention last night that I think the new Burger King commercials where they transpose the king into football highlights, is absolutely hilarious. Even though there's only two versions (one highlight with Deion Sanders and the other with Randy Moss), I laughed every time I saw them on Sunday during the games. I guess because it's so unexpected to see a guy in a king costume running down the field for a touchdown. I can't be the only one who found it to be funny...

- I'm glad the Penn State Annual Fund found me at my new address. For those PSU alums out there, you may have received those return address labels along with a request for a donation. Luckily, those labels lasted me quite some time at the old address. However, I received a fresh set right before I was about to move. Bummer. However, they did get ahold of the new address and proceeded to send a new set, along with the 2005-06 donation request. I think it's about time I give some money to the Nittany Lion Club instead so I can possibly have a chance at football tickets some day.

- Sports update: Phillies have a perfect chance to make up some ground in the Wild Card race, and what do they do? They lose two straight to the Mets. I've been saying it for many weeks now...they are staying close but they'll blow it in the end. The Phillies letting us down is about as certain as the sun rising each morning. Additionally, is it safe to say that the New York Jets are in trouble when they put a call in to Vinny Testaverde asking him to be there backup QB? Who wants to bet that he'll be starting in a matter of a few weeks?

- You know what I love about the internet? The fact that I can hear a song in a commercial, search for it on Google, and find out the name of the song and the artist, all before the show I was watching returns. Case in point: that Volvo commercial where all of the old cars are transformed into new cars. The artist is Donovan, a 60's British folk artist, and the song is called "Catch the Wind". Sounds very Bob Dylan-esque and might be worth downloading.

- I'd like to take a moment to congratulate my sister, Jamie (Penn State freshman), who is apart of the Alpha Omicron Pi Fall 2005 Pledge Class. Not that this was a shocker in any sense of the word, but nonetheless, I'm happy for her. My sister, the sorority chick.....Let's hear it for Greek life!

Done rambling for this evening. Let's ramble on tomorrow night.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a) it aggravates me that all you have to do to get a record contract is be a rich kid on a reality show. 2) being a record producer for paris hilton has to be absolutely meserable. d) theres a commercial where a guy is throwing rocks at some windows above a laundromat. the first window a young attractive woman comes out, but then goes right back it. but at the second window, an older woman comes down and opens the laudromat for him so he can get his pair of levi's he left inside. all the while, a song with the lyrics "it must be love" is playing. not only did i find the title and artist before the show returned, i bought it on iTunes.

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross-

Great concise update. My sister is also a sorority girl now in Sigma Kappa. Who knew?

Also, those Burger King commercials are hilarious. There's no reason for a a guy in a Halloween costume to be scoring touchdowns. Fantastic marketing concept.

I've never seen Laguna, but between you, Owen, and the 50 girls I know that watch it, it must be something special.

Other favorite commercial: the one where the guy goes into the office, sits down on the chair with a bag of cheese-its on the chair, and the entire office becomes filled with the cheese-residue from the cheese-its. It truly is a time for creative genius amongst marketing executives.

Hope all is well Rosspa!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger The Ross said...

a) I agree completely.
2) Again, I agree completely.
d) Very impressive. That's definitely a one up on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home