9.20.2005

More New TV

The Jessica wanted me to mention the exciting evening she had at a Sports Illustrated event. She got a picture with Eli Manning and Chad Pennington, which, once the photographer from SI sends it to her, I'll get it and post it on this here site. She said that Pennington (who is from Tennessee) has a thicker accent in person, and that Eli is really goofy looking in person. After a little meet and greet with the crowd, SI writer Peter King interviewed Chad and Eli, and in the meantime, it was all you can eat hors d'oeuvres and open bar. Not too shabby huh? I still like the party where T.O. showed up though...you can keep Chad and Eli. Side note: Jessica told a story of someone who was at this same establishment the evening before where Lil Kim held her "Going Away to Jail Party". I'm not going to comment on that. It's just to easy to make jokes, so I'll leave it alone.

Big decisions tonight as to which television shows to watch. At 9pm, I started watching the new and very hyped up NBC show "My Name is Earl". Now, believe me, I am a fan of Jason Lee, and gave into the high expectations for this show. Honestly, I watched it for about 10 minutes and decided that my time would be better spent watching "House". So I flipped over and enjoyed "House" instead. This also causes a conflict on Tuesday evenings because NBC also chooses to show "The Office" at 9:30, while "House" is still on. As much as I love "The Office", I can't miss the last half of "House". Anyway, I really need to get some sort of DVR or TiVo.

At 10pm, I checked out the new ESPN docu-drama "Bound for Glory" (how about that use of the word, docu-drama? I'm not sure that this show is really a "docu-drama" but let's just go with that for now. Thanks.) The premise is that NFL Hall of Fame linebacker, Dick Butkus, becomes the coach of a struggling high school football team in suburban Pittsburgh. This show was originally mentioned to me by loyal Pittsburgher, Julie, and luckily I stumbled upon the premiere this evening. I'd say it's a pretty decent show. At the least, we're intrigued to see how Dick Butkus can turn this team around. You see from their summer practices that there's not much talent and plenty of room for improvement. Plus, it's cool to see other NFLers that will inevitably show up on the program. This will probably make it into the weekly repertoire, if for nothing else than listening to these people talk with their funny Pittsburgh accents, which is something I don't hear too much of anymore.

Not too much else to report on tonight. Want to wish a happy birthday to a good friend, Jon "Belmania" Belman who is 23 years young on this September 20. Although he rarely checks my site, maybe he'll see this shout-out and join the crowd of regular readers.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record - Eli Manning looks very similar to Ross' old buddy Brian MaGrann

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

For the record - I wanted to tell the story because I envy Jessica's fun work events that she is able to attend. She didn't force me to write about her attendance, but rather provided me with content for an article on this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home