9.16.2005

Thursday = Almost Weekend

Alright, I gotta make it short tonight because it's already late. I spent way too much time deciding my picks for the Jared Football Pool Week 2.

- I'm convinced that one of the best summer fruits is the peach. I've been getting them from the market all summer and they've been fantastic. Plus, I've mastered the art of ripening a peach. Here's the scoop: I usually go the market on Sundays. I buy 3 peaches. When I get home, I leave them out until Tuesday morning, then I put them in the refrigerator. By Tuesday night, they are ripe, and then I have an excellent peach for me on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm going to miss them in the winter time, at which point I'll have to switch to oranges, or some kind of warm weather fruit. And yes, I can't believe I just wrote a paragraph of commentary on fruit. Moving along...

- I've had my 20 GB iPod since last November. That was around the time that the iPod minis started to become popular - no big deal. Then, the iPod shuffles came out and I again wasn't concerned because it didn't really appeal to me without the screen. But now, man, I am jealous of this iPod Nano. This gadget looks pretty damn cool, and if I didn't already have my iPod, I'd get on that Apple.com or get to the Apple Store pretty damn fast to purchase a Nano. I think the color screen is very cool, plus the thing is as thin as a pencil, which is absurd. Is anyone planning on getting one?

- Eric called me tonight and mentioned that the Arcade Fire show in Central Park was absolutely sick. He said that David Bowie came out to perform with them for the encore, which I guess isn't too big of a surprise since he's been in New York the whole week. Eric said that he's going to do a review of the show for me. He's also gonna write another article about "2 Things I Saw Today That Pissed Me Off". I love articles about those things, so I'll be looking forward to that one. The expectations are now raised, Eric, so you better come through with some quality work!

- I'll be in the Stamford this weekend as the Jessica is coming up to visit me (!) Gotta run some errands and otherwise be hanging out. Looking forward to another weekend of football, of course. If I don't get a chance to write this weekend, I'll be back on Sunday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home