9.02.2005

Labor Day Weekend is upon us...

Since I am a working citizen, I guess Labor Day takes on more meaning. It's a holiday to honor our nation's workforce, and how do we reward them? By giving them a day off, of course. That's sufficient enough for me. At least the weather, the last I checked, is supposed to be good in this area, so I'm looking forward to an enjoyable weekend.

- Looking forward to the Penn State game on Saturday. It's about time I see some meaningful football, since the Eagles preseason game tonight was a joke. No starters, no sign of anything that resembled a game plan. But now, Saturday we have my favorite college team kicking off its season, and then only 9 days until my favorite professional team opens its regular season. Honestly, this may be the best time of the year. (Oh, and by the way, the Phillies still hold the NL Wild Card lead. I'm as shocked as you are.)

- Note to Jared: I think Owen's calling you out with this IM I received from him this evening:

"I feel pretty strongly that Jared and I could have a pretty good competition for most comments on the RPR."

These are 2 of my biggest fans, so maybe they'll duke it out for commenting supremacy on the RPR. A little healthy competition is good for everyone. Gentleman, comment away. There's no limit to posting on the RPR. We're all here to have fun.

- That's it for tonight. I go to bed way too late and am probably cutting years off of my life with this whole 6 hours per night routine that I've become accustomed to. I need to become one of those early-go-to-bedders like the Jessica. But it's never been in my nature, and hence I have a tough time jipping myself of free time, where I can sit around and do nothing and write on my blog about how I lack sleep. Yeah, that pretty much sums up the life I lead. Hey enjoy the Labor Day weekend, watch some football, have a BBQ and some brews, or whatever suits you best. I'll be back in a few days.

4 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Penn State goes to the Alamo Bowl this year, all Penn State fans are welcome to crash at my tiny shack of an apartment and then journey down the road to the Alamo Dome and watch PSU's first bowl victory since the '99 season (Damn bitches ... That's before we even got to that school) ... I am putting in a request for Miss Jamie to submit a guest column on the RPR giving us details on the first few weeks and the football game this weekend ... Let me know if you find a rewind button because I really want to go back to Freshman Year ... Grad School just ain't too fun ... I'm out ... And by the way, I am fucking jealous of Jess who got to go to the US Open yesterday!

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I forgot something ... So I purchased a locker for the semester at the school gym (which by the way makes The White Building look like a piece of shit). So I am changing into workout clothes and this foreign kid (think hard .... most commonly made fun of accent)comes up to this kid and asks: "Are we suppose to change here?" ... Well I almost died laughing ... Luckily the kid was nice and gave him a yea instead of a sarcastic comment, such as:
- Well this is Locker 199, you need to find stall # 199 and that is where you are supposed to change.
Or
- No, I just like to pull my shorts down and take off my shirt in a room filled with guys.

I probably just ruined the story ... But it was funny shit.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to sleep more than 6 hours during the week, Ross, that's what the weekend's for. Although, I must admit, I do find it harder and harder to sleep in on the weekends. Damn this getting up early shit.

The thing that really sucks for me is my boss doesn't care what time you come in, as long as you're not coming in at 10am every morning. So, I usually get to work between 6:30 and 7, but i could just come in at 8 if I really wanted to. However, I've found that the later I go to work, the worse traffic is and the longer it takes me to get there. So I continue to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to beat traffic. I am a glutton for punishment.

I too am looking forward to the Labor Day weekend. But I only have 2 days off because I have to work at my part job tomorrow morning. A lot of people wonder why I work a second job when I don't really have to, but I'll explain that some other time...this comment is already getting long. I'm still looking forward to going to the bar on Sunday. It's not too often I get to do that anymore.

By the way, Ross, after PSU woops up on USF, give our good friend Jon Kessack an IM (Kessack95) and give him a hard time. He switched teams a few years ago and is going to USF now.

Have a good weekend everyone!

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The US Open is always a good time - had great weather, decent seats, and a few glasses of vino:)

Jar - I told all my coworkers you were a ballboy for a few years:) those try outs must have been intense shuttle runs!

Have a great weekend kids!

ps- for the record I go to bed early so I can run around NYC in the AM...one of these days I will write about the craziness you see at 7 AM on the East side:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home