9.23.2005

Thursday Night Quick Post

Hey, I sit down to write on this blog and it just gets later and later. I have a lack of self-discipline when it comes to going to bed early. I need to work on this...

- A feature they need to have in iPods: I can customize my playlists, and that's all well and great. I can shuffle all of my songs in the library. That's great, too. However, I can't shuffle songs within a playlist. That's not cool. For example, I keep this one playlist with all of my current favorite songs. However, I don't always want to listen to it in the same order. The iPod doesn't have the shuffle within a playlist feature, so that's my suggestion to the geniuses at Apple.

- I'm a sucker for "The Apprentice". I thought I'd get sick of it after Season 3, but of course, I found myself watching Season 4 which aired this evening. Same type of cast with all sorts of characters. Due to the fact that there isn't much else on Thursday night, I'll probably keep up with this season. And no, I don't watch "OC". It's funny because everyone loves "OC" and "Lost" and I don't watch either. I guess I'm just anti-establishment when it comes to the most popular shows. Oh well...

- Big news: My favorite writer who I often refer to, Bill Simmons (a.k.a. "The Sports Guy") wrote a book, titled "Now I Can Die in Peace". Of course, it's about the 2004 World Series champion Boston Red Sox, who are Bill's first love out of all of the Boston teams. Although I enjoy his non-Boston related articles more, I'm interested to read his book simply because I enjoy his writing so much. It gets better: I check his website today, and he's going on a Book tour. Where is one of the stops? Right here in Stamford, CT! Holy crap. He'll be at the Borders in Stamford next Wednesday, September 28. As Bill says, "If you want to get a book signed and have an awkward ten-second conversation with me, this is your big chance." That's good enough for me. I'll report back with this story next week.

- I'll be in New York City this weekend. Good times ahead: Penn State's first Big Ten game vs. Northwestern on Saturday afternoon. The Jessica/Jen Fuss/Rachel "Wine & Cheese Party" on Saturday night. Eagles vs. Raiders on Sunday. Now that's what I call a weekend. Full report on Sunday night.

-Where did all my regular commenters go? How about all of you who lurk out there? Write some comments people - otherwise I'm writing to an empty audience, and that isn't any fun.

Enjoy the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ross, sorry to let you down. i was at penn state recruiting for my company at the career fair from wednesday until just now. checking the RPR was actually one of the first things i did upon returning to the office. and it is possible to shuffle songs in a playlist. from the main screen do settings -> shuffle -> songs while you have the play list loaded. at least, thats an option on my iPod.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Owen - I'll give you a reprieve just this time, bud. Hope the recruiting trip up to PSU was a good time. Thanks for the iPod tip. I checked it out and it worked well. Of course i never bothered to consult any type of manual or anything and assumed that this feature didn't exist. Thanks for the enlightenment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home