10.04.2005

I'm Checking In....Real Quick

Hey, so I wasn't sure if I was going to write tonight or not, but I decided just to check in real quick. Not too much to report on. Took the day off from work today so I could be a good Jew and celebrate the New Year 5766. Some comments for the evening...

- ESPN decided to get their act together and bring College Gameday to Happy Valley on Saturday to broadcast live before all the crazies up at the Penn State. Nice of ESPN to come back to State College for the first time since 1999. Oh wait, the football team wasn't anywhere near being a top contender from the 2000 through 2003 seasons, so the class of 2004 missed out on the excitement. Lucky us...

- Speaking of ESPN, I am enjoying the Bound for Glory show. (Dick Butkus as the coach of a suburban Pittsburgh high school team which is no good, and he tries to turn the team around). They officially have drawn me in, and I'm excited to watch the show every Tuesday night.

- Stupid baseball playoffs have pre-empted Fox from showing House on Tuesday nights until November 1. The only solace would be not having to watch the Yankees for the next 4 weeks, so let's just hope that the Angels can knock them out early and make us all feel better.

- I've decided that ketchup completely ruins hotdogs and hamburgers, and I feel pretty strongly about this. I came to this conclusion last week, but forgot to write about it. Allow me to elaborate. Certain condiments complement food very well. Salsa and tortilla chips. Mustard and soft pretzels (although I'm not a fan). And ketchup on french fries. However, when you add ketchup to a hotdog or a hamburger, it overwhelms the taste of the meat, and all you are tasting is ketchup. It's also important to mention that I never really put an abundant amount of ketchup on them either, so the "overuse of the ketchup" is not a valid argument. I've tried to combat the ketchup by adding more items to the hamburger... in addition to the cheese and lettuce, I've gone with mushrooms, bacon, onion, a little bit of mayo...but yet the ketchup prevails. I'm fed up with it and I will now denounce my usage of ketchup on hamburgers. I may continue the use on the hotdogs, but unless the hamburger is a little on the dry side, don't pass the Heinz my way. Just thought I'd let everyone know. Thank you.

- That's about it for tonight. I'll be back tomorrow night to provide some more entertainment in the form of my nonsense, because that's what I do.

3 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ketchup is delicious ... Sometimes when I am super hungry and don't have time to cook I just squirt some Heinz ketchup in my mouth ... It's yummy delicious!!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ross, found a show you may like...the adam carrola project on the learning channel. adam carrola (formerly of love lines fame) buys his childhood home from his parents and then remodels it and sells it. but the remodeling crew is made up of all his really good friends who are just idiots. one of them is an arena football league kicker. one is a carpenter and only wears flip flops while working. i think you'd really like the humor on the show.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross, I must say - on behalf of ketchup lovers everywhere - I'm hurt by your negative rant about this wonderful condiment.

I mean, what other topping goes from breakfast, to lunch, to dinner, and beyond? Not anything I can think of.

All we are saying... is give Heinz a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home