11.04.2005

A few quick items

Hey, it's almost the weekend and so we can't complain about that. Here's the weekend preview: (But before I begin, I was thinking about the balance between the weekend preview and the weekend review. For the most part, I know what I'm doing this weekend. And so I have two options: I can either tell you about it right now in detail or I can wait until Sunday night and review it all after everything's happened. I try to find a happy medium between the two. I give some vague comments on my plans, and then take you through it in some detail on Sunday. I think it works out better that way. Glad we were able to clear this up.)

- After work on Friday, I'll be heading into the city and meeting up with the lovely Jessica Rose for a cool event as apart of the New York Comedy Festival. Through work, she was able to score us free tickets to see comedian Mario Cantone at the Town Hall Theater. A little private party before the show, free tickets...wow, I get to live the extravagant lifestyle of the Jessica. I'm sure it'll have a good story to go along with it.

- As for Saturday, I have three words: Big. Ten. Championship. Yes, at 3:30pm we have Penn State Nittany Lions hosting the Wisconsin Badgers (booo Alexis) for what could end up deciding the Big Ten champion. I have to say that I'm pretty pumped for the game, and I'm hoping that PSU (players and fans) shows up with the same intensity as they did for the Ohio State game. They are putting themselves in position for an excellent bowl game, but must win this Wisconsin game, and their last game vs. Michigan State. While we're at it, let's hope Ohio State and Michigan lose again, just for some breathing room. (On the gambling front, does anyone think that PSU being favored by 10.5 points is a little much? I gotta believe it's gonna be a fairly tight game...)

- It's always fun to get a whole bunch of people together to hang out, go out to dinner, and enjoy life. Looking forward to seeing the following people on Saturday night: Eric/Abby, Alison/Reza, Crystal/Brad. Good times all around.

Other notes: For anyone around the New York area, Seinfeld's famous "Soup Nazi" is back and even opened a few franchises. Now renamed The Original Soup Man, Al Yeganeh is planning on having 5 locations in Manhattan (4 of which are yet to be opened). There's also some locations in Jersey, and for my Philly burbs folks out there, look for one opening in the Willow Grove Mall. Looks pretty exciting to me. Can't wait to try the famous lobster bisque. If you check out the website, it even has the customer rules posted. Let's hope that whenever I get over there, I don't get yelled out and they take my soup away. That'd be my luck... [Thank you goes out to the Jessica for the lead on this story.]

That's my story folks. Please make sure you have a pleasant weekend wherever you find yourself. Be sure to tip your waitress. I'll be back after the weekend. I'm gonna try to post on Sunday night, but can't guarantee since the Eagles are on ESPN Sunday Night football, so have to see how it all plays out.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this soup guy needs to get over himself. in other news, i laugh everytime i type in the word verification. they are always such silly words.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate the shoutout for my birthday, and also that I rank up there in the nice guy list. I had a great birthday Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home