11.15.2005

Brian: Live from the Dirty South Part 2

Before we get to my trip to the land of the Stars and Bars, here's another report from Brian in Louisiana:

A 78 yr old man said this to me yesterday: True love is a lot like herpes, except herpes lasts forever.

Doug: What'd you think of these cracklins (basically chopped up pig deep fried and seasoned)?
Brian: They're good, but they scream heart disease.
Doug: We may not eat the healthiest food down here, but it is good. This is deep fried pig fat. Maybe that's why everyone dies young.


Brian: I've never even shot a real gun, let alone own one.
Doug: I got one behind my front door—loaded too. We take our right to bear arms very seriously down here.

Yesterday I toured the Levee, Sewage and Water Systems. Here are some pictures from where one of the levees broke. In one you see the front steps of where a house once stood. The last one is the pile of trash that's built up. About 30 ft tall, stretching as far as you can see. [Editor's Note: Ross is still having trouble uploading pictures to the blog, but no worries - Brian's pictures are safely stored in my Hotmail account for future use.]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home