1.08.2006

No Weekend Recap...Other Items Instead

Whoa, no weekend recap?!?!? That's correct, and for good reason. I didn't do much this weekend because I had to work for a good portion of it (no fun), so no fun places or happenings to report on. The Jessica was sweet enough to come visit me on Friday night and stay through Saturday afternoon, but other than that, can't say it was all that exciting.

I did watch all of the NFL playoff games and here's my short review for each:

- Washington over Tampa Bay: 120 yards of offense and you win a playoff game? Means your defense is pretty solid. Don't count out Joe Gibbs.
- New England over Jacksonville: It seems like the Jaguars just showed up and rolled over. Imagine if they would have given themselves a chance. Doesn't matter since the Pats would still beat them. Don't count out the defending champs.
- Carolina over New York Giants: Eli Manning will be good....some day....just not now. Come on, Giants' fans. Did that awful performance including 3 INT's really surprise you? Be serious now.
- Pittsburgh over Cincinnati: It's a shame Carson Palmer got his ACL blown out on their 2nd offense play because I think the Bengals would have given the Steelers a tougher game. I'll be honest, Steelers did look pretty solid. Might be the best 6th seed in years. What can they do against Indianapolis next week?


- We all know that Joe Paterno is never one to hide his feelings, and often times his brutal honesty gets him in a little bit of trouble or amidst a controversy. A few months back, it was his comment on African-American athletes and how they've made college football a more exciting game. This time around, people are getting all up in arms because of his comments that apparently made light of an alleged sexual assault. The National Organization for Women (NOW) in Pennsylvania wants him to resign. Read this article, and I think you'll understand that JoePa didn't mean any harm in his comments. [Thanks to Janet Moccia for sending the lead on this article to me!]

- Some of you may or may not know that I did spend 2 summers (1999-2000) working for one of Americas' finest corporate institutions, Starbucks (back when they didn't have stores so close to each other that you could stand in one spot and see two different locations.) Anyway, I have plenty of stories from working there, but when I came across this article, I thought it was worth posting. This guy figured out one of Starbucks' little known secrets - the 8 oz. "short" size that you can ask for -- and be served -- yet it's nowhere to be found on their menu. It's ok, this won't put them out of business...

- I'm keeping it short tonight. Anyone have any good ideas for articles, let me know. I get the feeling I may be light on material this week. Suggestions are welcome, Mondays are not. Back tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home