2.15.2006

Breaking out the Randomness

I spent two nights worth of posts on the adventures from Atlantic City, and overall the feedback was good. Many of you enjoyed the stories, with the exception of Alexis who, "wasn't all that impressed with the stories". Alexis didn't tell me this directly, but Jessica passed on the message. Boo to you Alexis.

The one good thing about taking two days of postings is that when I return to the normal scheduled blogging, I have several things to catch up on.

First off, as I'm writing this, I happen to be IM'ing with Brian and Janet and asked each of them their comments on the Dick Cheney hunting incident.

Janet: It's interesting. I kinda liked him for a minute afterward. Definitely raised my opinion
Ross: Because of the honesty?
Janet: No because he shot a Republican!

Brian provided some brief comments as well...

"Cheney thing is hysterical, especially because I'm supposed to go shooting this weekend. Hopefully no one shoots me... knock on wood"

And on a separate note, Brian also mentions:

"Friday I'm going to the Superdome... I'm gonna try to be the first person to kick a field goal there since Katrina. We plan to re-enact the Joe Horn cellphone incident as well."

- I spoke with Jared this evening, and he couldn't provide any insight on the recent breakup of Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow, because, well, he kinda personally knows Lance. I asked him if he knew what happened, and he just pointed to the fact that most celebrity relationships don't last. Good point. So of course I then threw in my "Yeah, they have about a snowball's chance in hell of lasting" comment. That's one of my favorites.

- Let's be serious: We're 2 weeks removed from the end of the NFL season, and about 3 months removed from the end of Terrell Owen's season with the Eagles. But yet this guy has about as much luck staying out of the news as Brad & Angelina. Now, TO's gonna have his own reality TV show. The article mentions that the show will combine his "passion for working out" with his "natural curiosity" about other people. Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one because the show has yet to be sold to a network, but as controversial as TO is, I still don't see this show as being anything near a hit. Sure, he's never met a controversy he doesn't like, but otherwise, the guy really is quiet and keeps to himself. So will this show be about him exercising and interacting with others? The exercising part I believe, because the guy did sit-ups and curls on his driving for crying out loud. But interacting with other people? He couldn't get along with hardly anyone on the 53 man Eagles roster, so I'm not sure how this will play out. Of course, I'll report back on this once more information becomes available.

- Getting back to the Cheney incident: There were some reports on Wednesday afternoon with Katharine Armstrong, whose family owns the ranch near where Dick Cheney accidentally shot Harry Whittington, mentioning that some alcohol may have been involved. Armstrong is quoted as saying that, "There may be a beer or two in there, but remember not everyone in the party was shooting." Uh oh Republicans, this story is quickly going in the direction that you don't want it to. Many articles that utilized this quote were quickly pulled, but in this day and age of the internet, once you post it and people (especially the high profile bloggers out there) get ahold of it, then the links remain and so does the story. Let's hear it for another crazy story that will cause a black eye for the White House!

And since I have nothing else to add, I'll just call it a night. Have good Thursdaying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home