7.17.2006

Andy's Nuggets of Wisdom: Live from the Home Run Derby

Andy is back with his commentary based on his trip to last week's Major League Baseball All-Star festivities:

Here's my nugget. My brother, his friend, my cousin, and I went to the Home Run Derby in Pittsburgh last week and I thought I would give you a few of our observations.

1) Despite having the team with the worst record in baseball, the fans really did support the All-Star weekend in the 'Burgh. I thought it was a very nice showcase for the city of Pittsburgh.

2) I want to kick the shit out of Dave Littlefield (the Pirates GM) for not trading Kip Wells to the Phillies for Ryan Howard. That dude can freakin hit. (Ross, you can thank me later for my team saving your GM from what could have been the worst trade of all time).

3) I just want to reiterate my point about girls in jean skirts. There is just something about them. Most girls that put on a jean skirt will move up on the "Hot Chart".

4) On that note, I would like the thank the city of Pittsburgh for providing the eye candy for the Home Run Derby. The drunk girl down my row that wanted to flash everyone, but there were too many kids around, so she provided much entertainment to us by flaunting her hottness all over.

5) Ben Roethlisberger was a hot topic all over the city. Anytime a speeding motorcycle would drive by, it was guaranteed that some idiot would yell, "Hey, there's Ben!!!" SHUT UP DUDE...that joke was old about a month ago.

That's it for now, but I will be back next Monday with a tidbit on Ben Roethlisberger.

1 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We haven't heard a Rosspa Music column lately...last I heard was Tapes 'N' Tapes like 2 months ago. Let's here some suggestions!

I picked up the Chili Peppers' new album and the new Keane album as well -- both very very good. The new Guster? Ehh...just can't get into it.

Also, I'm calling you soon to get this NYC trip configured. Seeya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home