6.29.2006

Commentary from Andy and a 4th of July Weekend upon us

Some late week commentary from Andy. He was on a boycott until the Pirates ended their losing streak, and the Buccos did so today after being on the losing end of 13 straight games. Look at it on the bright side, Pittsburgh, at least you guys have the All Star Game this year

"Not so much a Nugget of Wisdom, just kind of a moment in time you look at it and you wonder how it ever came to this. I hate my job. I work as an office bitch for a branch bank, and get paid shit. With that said, I really don't do anything. When we don't have any customers, I just sit there and stare at my computer or e-mail coworkers. My brother came in to ask me a banking question, and noticed how I was getting paid to sit around at a desk, e-mail coworkers, listen to Pearl Jam, and follow the Buccos on the internet. After he pointed all this out to me, I finally realized that I really don't do shit. I'm surprised I haven't gotten fired yet."

Andy, I think we all agree with these comments to some extent. We all wonder how we haven't been fired at one point in our careers. Just remember, YouTube is a good time waster, as well as an old-school crossword puzzle (they have them online!), or if you extend the commentary, it could make for some good blog topics. Just something to ponder.

So, we have the 4th of July weekend upon us, and it's a feel-good, all-American style holiday. Hopefully the weather can hold up, and everyone can enjoy the barbeques, parades, and fireworks that take place across the country. This weekend marks the 1 year anniversary of Live 8, the crazy concert that took place in Philadelphia along with other countries around the world. I think I'm still in shock 1 year later that Philadelphia actually pulled off an event of such magnitude without causing any riots, scandals, or entire city blocks being blown up. It's nice to give props to Philly every now and again.

I'll be in the city for the weekend, but may be back here at some point on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll check in at my convenience. That's the nice thing about running my own blog: I can be my own boss. Good times all around. Have a nice holiday weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home