6.12.2006

Andy's Nuggets of Wisdom: Wear a Helmet!

Andy sends in his Nugget of Wisdom this evening with some passion in light the motorcycle accident involving Pittsburgh Steelers' QB, Ben Roethlisberger.

Tonight's nugget: Riding Without a Helmet!!! Just so that everyone knows, I am first and foremost a Steelers fan, but secondly a very anti-motorcycle person. If someone wants to ride a motorcycle, I am cool with that, I'm just never getting on one because I would most certainly wreck it and severly hurt myself. Okay, so now that we have that clear let's talk about what happened today. So Ben Roethlisberger, who has a history of riding a motorcycle without a helmet, got into a pretty bad wreck where he lost teeth, broke his jaw, broke a sinus cavity, cut his head open, and hurt his knees, all which were accomplished when he flew over his handlebars into the windshield of a car. As I see it, and from what other people said, it was not his fault. I am fine with that, but I am not fine with riding without a helmet. This is similar to not using a condom when you nail that sorostitute in your Spanish class. Sure it might feel better or more "natural" but you are exposing yourself to many risks. Since Sue Johansson is still on TV, I will not go into the risks because we should all know them. The helmet, like the condom, will help prevent "damage" to the area it covers, but sometimes it doesn't work as planned. You have to weigh your options. Here are some examples... more stimulation vs. not getting "the clap". How about...the breeze blowing through your hair vs. not eating a windshield of a car and losing some of your teeth! I think one of the worst things about all this is that Pennsylvania and their genius state lawmakers decided to repeal the law that requires motorcycle riders to wear a helmet, as it is currently optional. Let's just tell all the kids in America that condoms should be optional too and see where that leads. Freaking morons. That's my nugget, and I'm sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home