6.26.2006

Getting the RPR Back on Track

Alright, so I'm trying to get myself back into some kind of routine, after last week's travel, and this weekend's trip to the Philadelphia area. I'm back on track and don't really have any travel plans in the near future, so we can take that as a good thing or bad thing, however you want to look at it.

- In case you didn't know, I'm a big fan of Fred Willard. I came across an article from The New Yorker, where Willard ends up taking a bus tour of Manhattan, and provides his own commentary along the way. If your familiar with Willard and his style of humor, you'll enjoy the article.

- There are two groups of people who will never cease to amaze me with the stupid things they do: Philadelphians and Penn State students. Let's hear it for this student who decided to get drunk and then fall on to the subway tracks. Not the most brilliant thing he could have done.

- So I think it hasn't stopped raining in about 5 days now. This is almost as bad as that stretch in mid-June 2002 when it rained for about 10 straight days. Don't ask me why I remember this.

- I'm in the market for a flat screen television, and I'm beginning to do my research. If anyone has any good resources for me, or any suggestions, please let me know.

- Everyone should welcome my parents to the 21st century, as they just got their digital cable hooked up. I'm jealous though: as a part of their package, they get the NFL Network. Let's be serious, if I spend a majority of television time watching the ESPN family of networks, there's no doubt that I could easily fit in a few more hours per week watching the NFL Network. I could be dangerous with that station...

- Bill Simmons mentioned a few columns ago how enamored he is with YouTube. It really is one of the great websites ever. There, I said it. Think about it... some of the great video clips of all-time are archived on this site, and although you can't find everything you'd want to see, there's enough solid material to keep you busy for hours on end. Simmons determines his YouTube Hall of Fame.

That's all I have for tonight. Back tomorrow...

5 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross, I stumbled upon this site you might find interesting www.mog.com, it's supposed to be like a "blog" but for music, so it's a mog. I dunno, check it out.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Lindsaybelle said...

Segal once suggested a friendly game of 'subways and absinthe'... that probably falls under your category of dumb things Penn State students do while wasted ie falling on subway lines.

flatscreen tv? brazil? i feel like you are rocking life right now :)

and the fact that you remember rainstorms from 2002 makes me love you even more buddy!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Responses:

Amy - I checked out MOG.com and it looks to be pretty cool. I'll return to it another time and look around some more. If it involves blogs & music, I'm all over it.

Bayliss - My life isn't terribly exciting but I guess these few items will make for some good life experiences. Yes, a flatscreen tv will aid in my daily entertainment. Good times all around.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i spent about half my day yesterday going through simmons' youtube clips. youtube has become the most time consuming aspect of my time at work and i couldn't be happier. i like searching for different live performances and listening to music that way instead of the old radio. youtube has also turned me onto TV shows that i don't get with my basic cable (ie Wonder Showzen, which i suggest everyone checks out if they haven't seen it yet)

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

There's no doubt that YouTube has to be one of the most time-consuming procrastination resource known to mankind. I'm not overestimating this by any means.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home