7.11.2005

Monday Mayhem

Work is nuts this week and I'll do my best to keep the blood pressure down. Waking up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but real quick, I got a couple of things:

- Of all people, the Philadelphia Phillies' own, Bobby Abreu won the Home Run Derby tonight, after hitting 41 home runs throughout the 3 rounds, with 24 of them coming in the first round. Who knew he had all that power? The Bobby Abreu I remember was always a good contact hitter, always hitting for decent average, but mostly singles and doubles. That performance tonight was sick. He hit everything on a rope and they were flying out of Comerica Park, which I understand is not exactly the best hitters' park either. After speaking with my boy from back home, Ryan "Sid" Williams this evening, he had a good comment: "They'll give him a parade down Broad Street on Wednesday." Wouldn't surprise me, after all, they were pretty close to giving Smarty Jones (a horse) a parade last year.

- Great article in the New York Observer about Murray Hill. If you are familiar with this neighborhood in New York City and its habitants, then you'll probably get a kick out of this one...
(Received the lead on this one from ProductshopNYC)

- I've been harping on Sufjan Stevens for a little while now. You can read my review of Illinois from my June 30th post. Anyway, he played some acoustic versions at WNYC not too long ago. Just right click and "save target as" to save the mp3's to your harddrive. Recording quality is a little low, so you might have to turn up the volume a little bit, but these versions are excellent. (Thank you to Stereogum for posting this link)

-When I get a chance, I'm gonna give my rant on Sweeney Todd's. This is the place in Stamford that I go to get my haircut and it's starting to piss me off. I'll give you the full scoop on Tuesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home