7.08.2005

A Plea for Your Comments

To my loyal readers: I know you are out there in some way, shape or form. On the right side of the page, underneath the links, I added a counter, so I know that at least a few people are reading my nonsense. All that I ask of you is to provide me with more comments. I like to hear some feedback on my entries. I know that you guys have opinions, because everyone loves to argue with me in person. I'm shocked that no one wanted to play devil's advocate on my "Anti-NYC 2012" rant. God forbid anyone speak negatively of the Big Apple. Where's my opposition? I know people don't always have time to write a big schpiel, but throw a couple sentences in a comment to let me know what you're thinking....it'll make this site more than my one-sided point of view.

Otherwise, just a few more items:

Not sure which chore is more of a thorn in my side: emptying the dishwasher or doing the laundry. Both suck, and both had to be done tonight.

Gas prices in Stamford are now at $2.65/gallon. Costs me more than $30 to fill up the damn tank. I remember one summer when we were younger, gas was like $0.89 per gallon. And back at the ripe age of 16, when I had my black Chevy Prizm, used to cost $17 to fill up the whole tank. Economics are a bitch. (I should know, I have a minor in that subject, and thus I had to insert such a profound statement.)

It is confirmed: Laguna Beach Season 2 begins Monday, July 25 @ 10pm. Get excited for Kristin, LC, Stephen, and the gang to return with more from the "real OC"!

Lastly, 7 good songs for your ears:
  • Beck - "Girl" (from Guero)
  • Bloc Party - "Banquet", "Positive Tension", "Luno" (from Silent Alarm)
  • Arcade Fire - "Cold Wind" (from the Six Feet Under Soundtrack)
  • Stars - "Ageless Beauty" (from Set Yourself on Fire)
  • Van Morrison - "Stranded" (from Magic Time)

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) i've never been to new york city and i'm not all that disappointed about it. to be honest, there's not much there that appeals to me to even want to make a trip there. 2) i don't blame you for not wanting the whole word to congest it all up more than it already is. washington dc is pretty congested and i definitely wouldn't want more people here. D) i love the new press release format. keep it up. p.s. i think you'd love the show entourage on hbo. its on sunday nights at 9. check it out.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Owen: Dude, I think you'd like NYC, man. I could see you hanging out down in the Village, or the Lower East Side. And there's this one bar called Rudy's (46th St. & 9th Ave.) which is one of the greatest dive bars in the city. Free hot dogs and popcorn bring in homeless people looking for some grub, the furniture is all torn up, and the jukeboxes play nothing but 80's music (or so it seem)... you'd love the scene. Honestly, what does DC have? Monuments, crooked politicians, and more homeless people. You could find that in Philadelphia if you wanted. Anyway, I have watched a few episodes of Entourage and it is a pretty cool show. Just haven't kept up with it. I need to catch some re-runs. P.S. Wearing the same pants to work 3 days in the row is the limit of acceptable. 4 days in the row and you've gained "Office Dirtball" status.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home