1.12.2006

Thursday Night SuperQuick Post

Gotta make this real fast because I have to get up at the crack of dawn for work tomorrow. Not cool.

- First off, from the "This Looks Familiar" Department, we have Steve Francis being suspended indefinitely from the Orlando Magic for "conduct detrimental to the team". Something tells me that this story won't gain nearly as much media publicity as another certain athlete in the NFL who was suspended by his team. But we won't mention any names. (Thanks to co-worker Adam who informed me of this story)

- Next, from the "Follow Up to a Previous RPR article" team, the state of New Jersey has come up with their new slogan: "New Jersey: Come See For Yourself". I give them credit for trying to find a new state slogan, but I don't see how it's all that creative. In fact, they continue to make it too easy to make fun of the Garden State. Come see for yourself how many idiotic traffic rules we have. Come see for yourself how dirty Atlantic City is. Come see for yourself how much crime there is in Newark. Come see for yourself how many fat Philadelphians make their way down the shore each summer. Come see for yourself all the people who've gone broke, gotten divorced, had their kids taken away from them, gone into rehab, had their lifestyles go down the tubes, all becuase of gambling. I can go on and on. [Before anyone freaks out... I am just joking.]
Thanks to Julie who sent me the link to this story.

- Janet, a.k.a. JMo, wanted me to tell everyone that she's been cigarette-free for 5 days now. She says that quitting is not easy, but promises that she's "dunzo" (old school Laguna Beach reference). Here's to hoping that Janet succeeds in the cease-smoking effort and never touches those damn things again. Also, Janet wanted me to remind everyone that wine is delicious.

That's it for tonight. I'll be in the NYC over the weekend, and going to see Blue Man Group with Eric on Saturday afternoon and then the Jessica & Abby are cooking us dinner. Should be a good time. Enjoy the weekend.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like New Jersey: The Parking Lot of NYC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home