2.22.2006

Titles Might Be Tougher to Come Up With Than the Actual Post

- In the big news of the day, they have found the winners of the PowerBall $365 million jackpot. Turns out that it was split by 8 workers of a meat processing plant in Lincoln, Nebraska. Well, you know what... good for them. Some blue-collar folks who can now live the high life. Remember a few years back when some millionaire in West Virginia hit the PowerBall? There's an example of a guy who probably didn't need more millions on top of those that he has. For these factory workers, they ended up taking home, after taxes, about $15 million a piece and I think that's fantastic. Two of them are Vietnamese immigrants and another is from central Africa. Maybe they can bring their families over to America to live a better life. They all have the extreme privilege of retiring way ahead of schedule. All the power to them. Must be nice to have that much money...

- As you guys know, I'm always searching for new music, and I've haven't really found any new bands lately that really peak my interest. I need some new band to check into. Some of the indie stuff is a little too indie for me, and some of the mainstream stuff is a little too mainstream. I'm being vague here because I wanna see what you'll throw at me...

- I need to plead with the readers of the RPR for article ideas and/or offers to write guest postings. I'm not gonna lie to you: I'm having bloggers' block. Really having trouble coming up with decent stuff to write about these days. I mean, let's be serious: my life isn't all that exciting. I sit in an office all day, and then I come home, hopefully get my ass to the gym, make some dinner, watch a little bit of TV, chat with the Jessica, and then try to come up with some blogging before I call it a night. So let's just say that the atmosphere surrounding me isn't exactly conducive to what we'd call a "thrilling lifestyle". That's why I need your help. Give me some ideas for articles, things you'd like my comments on, or even give me an idea for a Top 10 list of sorts. (I'm still sorting through my Top 10 Favorite Albums of the 90's.) And I know some of you would be good guest columnists. Write about whatever you want... doesn't matter to me. Takes about as long as writing an email to a friend. Keep it to a couple of paragraphs; believe me, it doesn't have to be a novel. Appreciate your help, because I'm in a dry spell here and need to kick the blog up a notch.

Hey the week's almost over. Let's hear it for 4 day weeks. Enjoy Thursday.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ross, i actually have always wondered how you managed to come up with unique post titles. anyway, music. my recommendation is josh rouse. just out the song "its the night time" from the album nashville. i think you'll dig it. pretty chill singer/songwriter stuff, but still really poppy. definitely some melodies that will get stuck in your head.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Owen, I'll be sure to check out Josh Rouse. One disclaimer though: I am a little skeptical after you recommended the New Amsterdams. Wasn't feeling them. It's alright, we'll let that one pass and give Rouse a chance. Thanks for the suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home