2.18.2006

Celebrity Sighting in Stamford?

So I'm over at the Stamford Town Center Mall running a few errands, and I see that they've opened up a new sports memorabilia store. I wander in there just to check it out and as I walk in, I see a familiar face. Sure enough, it's Gary Dell'Abate (a.k.a "Baba Booey"), the producer of the Howard Stern show. Being a big fan of the show, I recognized him right away and had to say hi. He was with his two kids, and it wasn't out the question for him to be in the area since he lives in Greenwich, CT, which is about 15 minutes down the road.

I introduced myself and asked how the new show on Sirius Satellite radio was doing. He said everything was going well and asked me if I'd made the switch over yet. I told him I hadn't because I don't spend enough time in the car. He said I should still get it to listen at home. Then I wished him luck and said it was good to meet him.

The guys in the store didn't know who he was and when I had told them, they were like, "Oh the guy from Howard Stern, Baba Booey? Oh, I didn't know he was that crazy nut..."

I was pretty excited just because it's cool to see a celebrity when you least expect it. Plus, the fact that he was nice enough to chat for a minute or two, makes it even better. Just wanted to share this story, and I feel like other fans of the Stern show would appreciate this one.

(The Ross meets Baba Booey. Another one of those random times that I wish I had a digital camera. But then again, let's be serious... Even if I owned one, I wouldn't have it with me when I take a trip to the mall.)

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it seem strange that you were talking to a very ugly dude that has seen and touched more women's parts than you have ever seen in your life?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

yeah the thought did cross my mind about 30 seconds after I had finished the brief conversation. My impression was that after working with Howard Stern for 20+ years, the guy must have been somewhat immune to the constantly obscene nature of his career. Additionally, his two kids were young enough that were still a few years away from understanind that "Dad has quite an interesting career".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home