3.23.2006

Leprechaun in Alabama?

Alright, so I'm postponing Part 3 of "We Live in a World Depicted by Office Space". Part 3 is due to be a running diary about a day in my life. The fact of the matter is that my day isn't that exciting, and I need more time to figure out how to make such an article remotely entertaining. I'm not kidding. So give me a little more time and we'll revisit that topic later on.

In the meantime, we haven't had much in the way of the normal blogging this week. That's ok because there hasn't been a whole heck of a lot going on.

- And then I came across a video clip from an NBC affiliate in Mobile, Alabama, which ran a story about a leprechaun living up in a tree, and the crowds of people that have come to catch a glimpse of this miniature Irish man. You can't make this stuff up. Check out the video...



"Who else see da leprechaun say 'Yeahhh!'?
"Could be a crackhead who got ahold of da wrong stuff, and told 'em to get up in da tree and play a leprechaun!"

- This is something you don't see every day either. The Ringling Brothers Circus came into New York, and apparently it's an annual ritual to walk the elephant from Queens to Manhattan. So how do they get there? Through the Queens-Midtown Tunnel of course.

- Here's a thread I'd like to start.... if you could try out a job for a short period of time (let's say for 3 months) and you weren't concerned at all with the lack of pay and/or crappy hours, what job would you do? Personally, if I had this option, I think it'd be fun to be a waiter at a cool restaurant for a short time, just BS'ing with people and running around during the craziness of the dinner rush. I wouldn't mind the late hours and would probably love not having to work early in the morning. Otherwise, I'd also like to be a cab driver, again, just for a short period of time. Hear the riders' stories, observe the madness that goes in in the urban scene, and just ride around. Sure, the traffic would suck, the pay would suck, and you'd be dealing with plenty of a**holes, but it'd create so many stories that I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Again, these aren't life long dreams, but if given the opportunity to do one of these things for a short period of time, I think it'd be a fun temporary gig.

- Three comments on some of tonight's NCAA Tourney action...
1) As if my bracket wasn't already busted, I'm officially done because I had the Dukies winning the championship. It's alright, I can't stand Duke anyway.
2) Unbelievable Ending Part 1: West Virginia/Texas game with the "Hook 'Em Horns" winning on a buzzer beater after WVU had tied the game on a 3 pointer with 5 seconds left. Unreal.
3) Unbelievable Ending Part 2: Gonzaga/UCLA game with UCLA coming back after being down by 15 points in the 2nd half. UCLA stole the ball after pressuring on defense and layed the ball in with just a few seconds left. Unreal. This is why I love the Big Dance.

Hey... have a nice weekend.

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've always said that i wished i could be a bathroom attendant in a bar. i can't imagine the shit they see as las t call approaches. also, love the office articles this week. especially the email signatures one. i can't wait for the diary of your day.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Owen - good point... I think I may add Bartender to my list of temporary gigs. Chaos occurs anytime you add alcohol to any situation.

Glad you enjoyed the office articles.

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That might've been the funniest video I've ever seen since 2002's "Whistler Tips" video from an affiliate in Oakland, CA. Ross, if you haven't seen this, let me know and I'll send you the video asap.

Hope all is well in the CT!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Oh I've seen the Whistler Tips, which may be my favorite internet video ever. Gotta love Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis. Classic. (Credit goes to Jared for introducing me to that one a few years back)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home