4.11.2006

I Still Hate American Idol

- I'm flipping through the TV channels tonight, and since American Idol is on like 10 times per week, I come across it on FOX. So tonight's theme was Queen songs. Don't get me wrong: I appreciate Queen's music as much as anyone else. I'd venture as far as putting "Bohemian Rhapsody" in my Top 10 Favorite Songs of all time. But when I saw Brian May and the other two guys (not sure if it was Roger Taylor and John Deacon, although they are "the other two guys") performing along with the Idol contestants, I wanted to vomit. Freddie Mercury must be rolling over in his grave. His guys were selling out by teaming up with the villains who produce American Idol, where I'd imagine that an astonishing amount of people aren't at all familiar with Queen's music. Even one of the contestants, Elliott (?) performed "Somebody to Love" and admitted that he had never even heard the song before choosing to perform it. What the f? This show drives me nuts. I'm almost tempted to start watching it religiously just so I can rip on it every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night. Let's take a poll: Is it worth it to subject myself to this wretched display of music (and I use that term loosely) just for some blog material? You tell me.

- And since I have nothing else to add right now, just spend the next 4 minutes or so watching a Family Guy clip. (Side note: Next post won't be until Friday. Happy Passover to my fellow Jewish tribe members.)

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This show is definitely worth watching. The first so many episodes are worth it just to watch the hideous attempts by some of the wannabe's. Once we get into the final 12, it gets more serious. There are some pretty good singers that have come through here. Plus, every year there is a girl that is rather hot..ie. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and this year Katharine McPhee. I have a McFever and the only prescription is more American Idol. Cowell OUT!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home