4.10.2006

Side Notes...

- I've done extensive research (including 1 Google search) and haven't found any specific news stories related to recent gang violence in Stamford. I found a few websites about teen gang violence from a while back and they mentioned Stamford. Also, a Stamford man was up in Providence, RI, and got attacked in a Home Depot parking lots. I also found an article on the drug trafficking that takes place in some neighborhoods of Stamford (the ones that I stay away from). JMo, Please point me in the direction if you have a particular story that you are referring to. Otherwise I'm in the dark and I don't need any attacks by the local thugs.

- We're always looking for a good deal, and Brandon came across this one: The Rocky Anthology at Target for $8.97! That's 5 DVD's for under $9. Unreal. I may have to get over there and purchase this. Can't miss out on Sly Stallone's best work. Also can't miss out on any opportunity to mention Sylvester Stallone just so you can call him "Sly".

- Remember Roger Toussaint, the ring leader of last December's Transit Workers' Union strike? Well justice is being served to this clown as the Brooklyn Supreme Court sentenced him to 10 days in jail and slapped him with a fine of $1,000. Doesn't seem like much, but it serves this guy right after orchestrating the bonanza known as the Transit Strike 2005. They oughta put him away for longer for all of the inconvenience his caused.

Check back tomorrow for more of my press releasing...

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rosspa-
I found the article they were referencing on the news story:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2006/03/18/nationwide_resurgence_of_gang_activity_troubling_to_authorities/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+Globe+Northwest


Stay strong in your hood....

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you a fan of Transit Strike 2005?? I could've sworn you were amused by it...now you blog that you think the ringleader should have received more of a punishment? I smell hypocracy...

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

I was a fan of the Transit Strike 2005, but only in a satirical way. To be quite honest, the whole situation was a mess and the demeanor of Roger Toussaint irked me to no end. At the end of the day, the real punishment for this guy should be to place him in the middle of Penn Station at rush hour and let him get pummeled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home