7.24.2006

Andy: The RPR's Pittsburgh Correspondent

This week, Andy has a theory about the superhuman characteristics of Ben Roethlisberger:

As I sit here watching the Pirates get freaking destroyed by the Milwaukee Brewers, I am reminded that football season is fast approaching. Training camps open up this weekend, and my life can once again be filled with happiness. For me, there is no greater time in the world than waking up early Saturday morning to watch College Gameday, followed by a full day of football games, which is followed by another day of doing the exact same thing.

Enough about me, let's talk sports. My brother and I were talking about the Steelers the other week, and we were talking about all the holes they needed to fill, and all the question marks surrounding this upcoming season. The biggest question is the health of Ben Roethlisberger. Many analysts shy away from trying to predict the success of the Steelers because of Ben's motorcycle incident, but my brother and I have a theory. We think that Ben is a Mutant. We don't think that he has huge, metal claws or super-strength or anything like that. But Wolverine of the X-men has the ability to self-heal really quick from any injury, and this is what we think that Ben has.

Last season, he hurt his knee, his thumb and other various minor injuries, but he only missed a couple games because of them. Knee injuries like his can knock athletes out for the season. With these new injuries...the broken jaw, lost teeth, and things of that nature...doctors are now saying that he has healed faster than humanly possible, and will most likely be 100% by the start of the season, if not preseason games. This is ridiculous. If I were to eat the windshield of a car, I probably wouldn't be able to function for the rest of my life. This guy has to wait a few weeks and he can jump right back into regular, full contact games. I don't know....it's just a thought.

Next week: Complete Clearfield County Fair wrap-up...complete with stories about meeting all the members of Poison, and now possibly Billy F-in Idol. Peace out!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home