8.10.2005

Tuesday: Not as bad as Monday, but still very far from the weekend

Cleaning up some loose ends before I call it a night....

Julie left me an IM regarding this new show reality show on ESPN, where NFL Hall of Famer, Dick Butkus coaches the football team at Montour High School somewhere outside of Pittsburgh. I have to say that it looks pretty interesting, and since I am an overall fan and supporter of reality television, I will have to check it out. (Debuts on September 20) You can read about
"Bound for Glory" in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. After the show comes on, I'll give a better assessment, so stay tuned.

So I'm driving home tonight, and I'm sitting at a red light while some guy in an old Mitsubishi Eclipse is sitting in the lane next to me. I can feel my body shake from the thumping bass so of course I give this guy the "I don't need to hear or feel your music" look. Anyway, so a couple of lights later this guy zips by me and I notice that he has a TV on his sun visor. By the next light, I could pretty much see the picture perfectly, although I'm not sure what this guy was watching. Now, I've seen these things on MTV's Cribs, but didn't think they were all that common. But the fact of the matter is this...all of these states are cracking down on people driving while talking on their cell phones because it is a potential hazard and has been known to cause several accidents. But the last I checked, talking on a phone didn't impare your eyesight and attention as much as a TV screen right in between you and your windshield. The cops should be cracking down on this nonsense because I have to imagine that Eclipse guy is paying more attention to his DVD player than the traffic in front of him. I think we have to file this one under "I don't get it" status.

Personal Advertisement for the RPR
If anyone is ever interested in writing a guest column, just let me know. If you have any kind of rant, story, a plug for anything you're involved with, your thoughts on any movies/sports/music/TV shows, I'd be willing to post your write-up for all to see. Just contact me in any way you know how. We love audience interaction here at the Ross Press Release.

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment Ross! On September 21st I want a full report of your thoughts on this new reality concept...

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend to know much about this Dick Butkus character, I just enjoy (and I use that term loosely) the premise... They bring in a hot-shot NFL Hall-of-Famer who has virtually no coaching experience, with the plan of turning around a one-win high school football team in a blue collar neighborhood outside of Pittsburgh.

(As an aside, you need to keep in mind that Western Pennsylvania is second only to Texas in terms of crazy high school football fans/parents who live vicariously through the kids.)

Should be interesting...

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't agree with Julie more ... These wack jobs from Texas are obsessed with their high school football ... Nothing more that pisses me off than listening to sports radio and hearing, "Okay, now the guest you are all waiting to hear from ... Joe Smith, Head Coach of So and So High School ... I mean I could give two shits about North Jefferson playing South Jefferson ... But then again, what do I know ... I didn't go to a high school with a football team ... I sometimes think I was a deprived child

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Ross ... I know you are working hard and late, but I was really hoping to read about your T.O. commentary ... I love the part of him working out in the driveway talking to reporters ... Fucking classic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home