1.16.2006

The Blue Men Attacked Me

And we're back after the weekend and the obligatory "punk out" night, last night. What can I say? Here at the RPR, you get what you pay for!

The weekend was a good time. Eric and I went to see Blue Man Group as a belated Hanukkah gift from the Jessica and Abby. Let me tell you, it was excellent. For anyone who finds themselves in New York City, Boston, Chicago, or Las Vegas, you need to see the Blue Men. Fantastic performance. The music was great, the skits were great, and it had just enough "off the wall" factor to put it into the great show category. The Blue Men even used me as a prop to one of their skits. It basically went like this...

At one point early in the show, the 3 Blue Men were climbing into the crowd, literally. They were walking over people in the audience, stepping carefully on the armrests of the chairs. After making fun of a few people, they made their way over to me. I was sitting right near an emergency exit, and I happened to have a big fuse box right above me. So the one Blue Man comes up to me and pulls me out of the seat. Then, he grabs my right arm and raises it toward the fuse box which reads in big red letters: "DANGER - HIGH VOLTAGE". I look at him and I'm thinking to myself, "Uh I don't know if I should follow along with this". So I give him a look and the crowd is starting to chuckle at this point. So then he points to the box again. So I go over and grab the Blue Man's arm and raise it toward the fuse box. He backs away. Then I go, "Have him do it," as I point to Eric while he's just cracking up. Finally, the Blue Men get aggravated because I'm holding up their routine and push me back into the chair. The Blue Man reaches up, and pulls on the lever and the lights go out in the theater. When a spotlight shines back on him, he's standing in the corner eating a bowl of cereal. Doesn't sound all that funny, but guess you had to be there.

By the way, wouldn't it be cool to be a Blue Man? Now that'd be something to put on a resume.



Burger King is doing a new set of those football commercials where they transpose the King over a football player in a classic clip. The one with the old Steve Young play, and the one with the Lambeau Leap are great additions to the Burger King commercial library.

I watched part of the Golden Globes but don't have too many comments on it. Awards shows don't really do it for me because odds are that I haven't seen half the movies and don't watch half the shows. Plus, it bugs me that they put emphasis on movies that have just been released and often miss out on potentially great movies from more than just a few months ago. What if a top notch flick gets released in the next couple of months? You think it'll be on the nominee list come next year's Golden Globes? I don't think so.

Speaking of TV, that new show, Love Monkey, debuts on CBS on Tuesday night at 10pm. Looks like it could be worthwhile, so I'll give it a shot. By the way, I was going to watch the season premieres of 24, but of course I failed in that attempt. I always miss out on the shows that everyone loves.

File this one under "Kick in the Ass": When we were up at the Penn State, we never had the Martin Luther King Day off from classes. People complained at first, the people started the MLK Day of Service, and apparently now, the African-American students protested and the university administration gave in and called it a holiday. (Of course, for this story, I haven't done any research and only passed on what my sister told me. That's the great thing about the internet, you can put whatever you want on there.) Anyway, what a bunch of crap. My string of crappy MLK Day luck continues in the working world as I was in the office today, just like any other Monday. Oh well, at least I have Presidents' Day to look forward to.

It should be noted that the RPR is nearing and/or surpassing the 4,000 hit mark. I'd like to reiterate that many of those hits are from the same people checking back each day, but regardless of that fact, thank you again for reading my nonsense and supporting my crazy little blog. In the spirit of the Golden Globes, I would do some sort of acceptance speech, but we'll save that for another time.

And since I have nothing else to add this evening, I'll call it a night and give it another go tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone else get freaked out by the blue men?? Like I could have nightmares about these guys.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everytime i see a picture of the blue man group, i think of tobias from arrested development. perhaps one of the greatest shows ever created and it's being cancelled. something must be done and i think ross should be the one to do it.

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross - You can download the episodes of 24 with the bittorrent client (www.bittorrent.com) at http://mininova.org. Just search for 24 on the main page. Hope all is well!

PS - You have another great-grandbuddy :)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Hey we have comments! Allow me to respond:

- Jessica: The Blue Men definitely freaked me out with the way they were looking at me during that little skit. You woulda been pretty scared too.

- Tom: AD is a fantastic show. I need to catch up on the Season 2 DVD and then of course, I need to get caught up on Season 3 eventually. Bad news for FOX to take it off the air.

- BBC: I need to make the big time investment on the 24. I need to get around to it eventually. I'll also need like a week of nothing to do, which is tough to come by. But we'll see...

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

word on the street (the TV Guide one that is - sorry gotta plug for my magazine), both ABC and Showtime are in talks with 20th Century Fox to rescue Arrested Development. According to Variety, formal negotiations have not yet taken place, but sources still label the networks' interest as "serious," with Showtime being the more fervently interested of the two.

so we all might be in luck :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home