8.15.2005

2 Posts in 1 Night!?!?

Holy crap, 2 posts in 1 night! A few of you bitch at me because of the lack of the weekend posts, so I will try to make up for it with a couple extra minutes of wasting your time on Tuesday morning when you get into work.

First off, the Eagles game tonight. Besides the fact that I may have had a heart attack if this was a regular season game, there were some bright spots in my mind. Other than the crappy special teams (specifically the kick coverage), I was impressed with a few of the young guys. How about my new favorite player, WR Reggie Brown? He looked pretty good, along with Greg Lewis and Billy McMullen. I mean come on, these are your future household names for the Eagles receiving corps. The way I see it, if they catch the ball when McNabb throws it to them, then they're in good shape. Otherwise, I like the rookie RB Ryan Moats (very Brian Westbrook-like), but disappointed that no one on defense really stood out. The game ended up being relatively interesting, and by relatively, I mean for a preseason game. I was expecting a final score in the ballpark of 13-10, but instead got a 38-31 shoot out. Again, the game is worthless other than some practice and finding which young guys are making the team. Can't worry too much about the flaws otherwise. Still have about a month to iron them out...

In between the game, I found 30 minutes to watch Laguna Beach. I spoke with Andy F. tonight, and I learned that he is a fellow Laguna fan. Glad to know that I'm not the only 23 year old who enjoys watching MTV's high school dramas. Here's tonight's rundown:

First up on my shit-list is Jason. If Jessica doesn't rid of this Jason character, then something is truly wrong with her. She's bitches him out at dinner, he can't even give a good answer to any of her questions, and all he can do is start making out with her to make her shut up. Then, he stands her up a few nights later by going out on a double date where neither of the girls are his girlfriend. Does this sound a little odd to anyone? Next up on the shit list is Talan. He pours his heart out to Taylor last week, and you almost think he's being truthful, until you realize that he's a manwhore and is going after Kristin. So, sure enough, this week rolls around and he's out to dinner with Kristin, pouring his heart out to her. It even looked like he was going to cry at some point. What a fruit. Then he has the nerve to call himself a "nice guy". Last time I checked, "nice guys" weren't out leading 2 girls on at the same time. Instead, we'd call them "bastards". Highlight of the evening was the conversation Talan had with his friend, JP, at the skateboard park. Well, let's just say it doesn't look like JP comes from the intelligent crowd. He gets his 90 seconds of fame and proceeds to use the word "like" about 45 times in trying to communicate his thoughts about Talan and Kristin. I'm still not sure that he said anything that remotely made sense during that segment. The show is beginning to go around in circles, and it's proving that the real drama lies with Stephen and LC, so my vote is to bring them back into the limelight.

If you like Arcade Fire, check out another Canadian band, Stars. You can take a listen to 2 of their albums through the website. I really enjoy their sound - little bit of pop, little bit of rock and roll, very catchy tunes. I really enjoy their first disc, "Heart", but need to hear the newer one, "Set Yourself on Fire" in its entirety. Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

Back to write more on Tuesday night. And remember, you can never get enough T.O.

"Don't say I don't get along with my teammates. I just don't get along with some of the guys on the team." -- Terrell Owens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home