8.16.2005

Tuesday Ramblings

Throwing out some thoughts on my mind on this Tuesday evening...

- Up here in the New York/Connecticut area, they are real big on the whole "Pedestrians have the right of way" idea. Now, I normally have no problem with this, except it did take some getting used to. See, back in the Philadelphia area, even thought the traffic laws will tell you otherwise, the cars actually have the right of way. If you are a pedestrian, it's in your best effort to wait until there are no cars coming to cross the street rather than just crossing when you have the walk sign. Anyway, point of the matter is that when people cross the street, they take their good old sweet time, and have no regard for the line of cars trying to make a right turn during rush hour. Honestly, at least make a little bit of effort to move your ass a little faster, rather than moseying like you have all damn day. When I become the leader of the free world, things like this will change.

- I just realized that I can listen to 610 WIP-AM (Philadelphia sports radio) over the internet! Holy crap, I can take in even more TO coverage than I've already gotten. I may have to listen tomorrow morning to see how his meeting goes with Andy Reid. Whose money is on TO showing up, and then getting kicked back out of camp? Oh boy, can't wait to see how this one turns out...

- A few CDs that haven't left my car in about 6 months since they are that good:

Arcade Fire - Funeral
Green Day - American Idiot
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

Leave comments with yours...

- I'm flipping through channels tonight, and I come across the new show on NBC, "Tommy Lee Goes to College". Is it safe to say that NBC is bordering on FOX territory with this ingenious reality TV idea? Basically, Tommy Lee goes to the University of Nebraska and does the whole college experience. He lives in the dorm, goes to classes and parties, and even tries out for the marching band. First off, I'm not sure how the University of Nebraska agreed to participate in this extravaganza, and I'm not sure why NBC chose Tommy Lee. I have to say that the show was pretty amusing, watching him "study" late at night, sit in large lecture halls, and hit on the hot blonde tutor. Unfortunately, it's network television, so the footage is rather tame. If this show were on HBO, then it might be another story. The Ross Press Release bottom line: If I happen to remember to watch this show next Tuesday night at 9pm, then I probably will. Otherwise, "Tommy Lee Goes to College" won't make it into my regular TV repertoire.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holler Ross
Loving the TO coverage. i also not so secretly hope they just give him whatever he wants. Mostly because I got a TO jersey for christmas and I wanna wear it more this season.

I cant stop listening to JAson Mraz's latest- "Mr. A-Z" Its amazing, you'd like it.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been listening to fall out boy's "from under the cork tree." you'd probably hate it. also been listening to a lot of a collection of ben folds songs a friend made me. last night i bought zero 7's newest off of iTunes. they're british electronica. lots of female vocals and really chill. great for going to sleep or relaxing. also found a mash-up of kanye's "college dropout" and beach boys' "pet sounds" last night. pretty interesting stuff. i also pre-ordered kanye's next album "late registration" off of iTunes last night. he's the one artist i can't get enough of, which is really bizarre because other wise i don't really listen to that much hip hop besides the occaisonal party song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home