1.19.2006

Breaking News: It's Almost the Weekend

By the time you read this, we'll all be that much closer to the weekend. And even better, if you close down your web browser, open it back up, come back to this site, and re-read that first sentence, it will still stand true at that time as well. Unbelievable.

- So I need to start out with a public poll: The Jessica and I may see a movie this weekend but not sure which one is most worthy of our time. Therefore, I call upon you, my loyal readers, to let me know if any of the following are/aren't worth our time and money to see:

a. Munich
b. Match Point (although I believe it comes out nationwide on Friday)
c. King Kong
d. Glory Road

- I'll admit it: I'm a geography nerd. I've always been fascinated by it, and for some reason, I like looking at maps and knowing my way around places. I also have a good sense of direction, which is a positive trait to have no matter how you cut it. Anyway, I came across this site, where they transposed Manhattan and put it near other major cities in the US, and guess what? The other cities absolutely dwarf Manhattan. Check out The Errant Isle of Manhattan if you're at all interested. Something cool to look at.....or at least I think it is.

- In a strange twist of events, it seems as though packs of Marlboro Lights are falling from the sky. Read two articles about it. First read this one and then there's a follow-up story here. Go figure this one out...

- How about this teenager in Oregon who got arrested for driving under the influence twice.....in the same night....and was caught by the same cop. You couldn't make this up if you tried.

- If you're like me, you check ESPN.com about 10 times per day. If so, you were in for a surprise on Thursday morning when you saw a new design on the website. I think it looks pretty cool, but will take a little getting used to. I guess that stands true for anything that's new to you. Regardless, I'll still check the site about 10 times each day. Let's be serious, what am I going to check otherwise? FOXSports.com? CNN-SI? Don't kid yourself.

That's all I can come up with this evening. Just hanging out over the weekend. Everyone should enjoy their weekend and be sure to stop by and say hi on the blog some time.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ross!
I thought I would comment on your movie question...
I saw both Glory Road and King Kong. Glory Road was very good, but keep in mind this is coming from a NCAA fan and former athlete :)
King Kong, was ok. It was very long, and the first hour I was thinking, "when do we get to see the damn monkey?"
I hope this has helped. Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross... I know you're sad about the dismal season that the Eagles had, but I'm still surprised at your lack of football coverage or at least comments on the "Final Four" (if you will) and the games coming up this weekend. Any predictions?

Also... I know this won't make you feel any better, but every time I see the Seahawks playing, I mistake them for the Eagles b/c their uniforms look so similar. Maybe you can watch their game and just pretend :0)

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

(Oh, and I heard King Kong wasn't that great as well.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home