1.25.2006

Wednesday Night Short Post

Gonna make this real quick....let's jump right in:

- I'm giving an RPR shout-out to Sarah B. since she informed me that she's finally become a regular reader of this blog. I was harassing her for quite some time about her not reading, but she said she is now up-to-date and enjoys what I have to say. And just for that, I'll give her the shout-out of the evening.

- I find myself laughing at these commercials everytime they come on: The Citi Simplicity Card with the guy who goes through hell in order to connect with a live person on the phone. The one when he almost sets the kitchen on fire, and the other one when he finally connects to an operator, but loses when his train goes into a tunnel. I think it's a pretty creative ad campaign. Let me know if you disagree.

- Here's an interesting article that I came across: Frank Bruni, a writer for the NY Times, worked undercover as a waiter in Cambridge, Mass. In this article, he writes about his experiences, what he learned from the wait staff, and what he learned about the dining public. It goes to show the main lesson that many people learn while working with the public: they're all crazy.

- We all love the JumboTrons at our favorite stadium or arena, especially when they are like 500 ft wide by 500 ft tall, and are loaded with the latest video technology. Seems like a part of sports that you can take for granted, but as this ESPN.com feature story points out, it's actually an element of the game that the players and coaches depend on. (Be sure to watch the video clip as well.)

Short post this time around. I'll swing by for more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

other good commercials are the geico caveman ones.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

"Hey, look, we're really sorry. We had no idea you guys were still around."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home