7.27.2006

Last RPR Post from the Stamford Homestead

Alright folks, this is the last posting from the Stamford homestead, as I like to call it. The internet gets cut off on Saturday and I am moving on Monday to the big city.

Some statistics about the RPR since its inception in June 2005: 13 months of blogging has yielded 289 posts so far, so thats about 22 posts per month. I'd say that's some pretty decent numbers and would pleasantly surprise those naysayers who said I'd never stick with it when I started this thing up. Ok that's enough of tooting my own horn for today. As always, I appreciate all of the readers out there... you guys keep it real.

A few items from me this evening:

- So it turns out my good buddy, Eric Steinberg is nominated for Cosmo Media Man of the Year, and I'd encourage everyone to click on that link, find his picture (4th row down), and vote for him. If he wins, Cosmo will set him up with a free vacation to Desert Springs, California.

Side note to Eric: I fully expect Andy and Brandon to bust your balls about this one. Regardless, I hope you win. It might tough to catch up with the ex-frat guy who's currently in the lead with upwards of 10,000 votes.

- There are certain people in the celebrity/athlete world whom I always appreciate any news stories on. Charles Barkley is one of them. Sir Charles was my favorite athlete when I was growing up, and for years, he's been kicking around the idea of running for governor of Alabama. Apparently, this has resurfaced, and Barkley is eyeing the governor's seat for 2010. I mean come on, if Jesse Ventura can win, why couldn't The Round Mound of Rebound?

- In case you need something to read in order to kill a little time, ESPN.com Page 2 posted two old Bill Simmons articles about his Vegas trips in 2002 and 2004. Classic Simmons, classic stories. I really need to get to Vegas some day.

That's it for now. Due to the lack of internet and the moving events that will be taking place, the RPR will be on hiatus until I can get myself settled in the new apartment. Look for me to return sometime toward the end of next week. Until then, enjoy the weekend.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like there should've been some sort of RPR Flashback Montage to celebrate the end of the Stamford era.

Anywho, good luck in the new place and I'll see you in a few weeks!

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holler Ross/JessPas-

How about moving in 100+ degree weather!

I finally got intnernet in our new place and one of my first stops was the RPR. Cant wait to hear about your NYC and cohabitation stories. You know I'll vote for my man Tony to win!

First strangeness from living with my boyfriend....all the boy crap everywhere. I took charge of the unpacking and organizing and I'm at a loss for where smelly cleats and baseball gloves go. I know it sounds silly but I was pretty much 100% shocked that all the boy stuff was everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home