8.10.2006

Back to some Insightful Commentary

- More craziness with the potential terrorism plots, huh? Next thing you know, people won't be able to fly unless they come onboard without anything... no bags, and nothing in their pockets. I'm all for the security measures to ensure everyone's safety -- it's just a shame that it has to cause so many minor inconveniences. But hey, the FAA and National Guard knows what's best, so let's run with that.

- I came across an excellent new band from Cleveland called Bears. These guys sound a little like The Shins mixed with Elliott Smith mixed with the old 60's band, The Zombies. Their self-titled record, although only 36 minutes long, is absolutely fantastic. I told Eric to take a listen and he agrees completely. So there you go -- I'm not lying. Check out a few tracks here.

- Only 2 weeks until the opening of Invincible. And let me tell you: I am excited for this one. It may not end up being a blockbuster, and let's be serious... Mark Wahlberg is the star, so it isn't going to win any Oscar's. However, it's about the Eagles, and that's good enough for me. When I was younger, I'd watch sports movies like Rookie of the Year, Major League, and Little Big League (remember that one?) and would think to myself, "Man that must be cool to have your favorite team featured in a movie". Better yet, it's based on a true story about Vince Papale, so it's not like the folks at Disney Pictures just arbitrarily chose to make an NFL flick about any team. I'm hyped.

- I'm helping everyone sound less like a delinquent: here's a list of the 100 Most Often Mispronounced Words in the English Language. Just remember, it's "Heimlich Maneuver", not Heineken remover.

That's it from my end. Enjoy the weekend !

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought everyone might want to take a listen to some songs my friend put together. no vocals, all guitar with loop pedals and all that good stuff. he's only got two songs posted on his website (www.jasonfistner.com) right now. not for everyone, but i like it.

another one of my friends recently started recording some stuff and posts it on his myspace (http://www.myspace.com/mountainroot). he plays some guitar, banjo, harmonica and sings. not the best quality, but worth a listen.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - the Bears album is awesome. Really good stuff!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Thanks Tom, I'll take a listen. Always up for checking out new tunes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home