4.19.2006

Doormen Strike and TomKitten?

Short post this evening, and even though she didn't know it at the time, Alexis provided some guest commentary in the form of an IM conversation earlier in the day.

"Hey I have good topic for your blog. There are like 20,000 some doormen that may go on strike tomorrow at midnight. Their contracts are up for renewal and they haven't come to agreement on issues. My doormen are part of this....totally sucks. I want a refund on my rent if they do because I'm not getting the amenities I am paying for. Also you may need to make mention tomorrow of the Tom Kitten birth, they actually name the girl Suri...what the hell kind of name is that??? I guess it means something in Hebrew someone told me. Got to love the Jewish influences going on in Hollywood."

I wouldn't say that the Doormen Strike is as monumental as last year's Transit Strike, but there will be some unhappy tenants in Manhattan. After all, who will pick up their dry cleaning, sign for their packages, and greet them in the morning & evening? Just goes to show that everyone had a union these days, even the doormen. I find it slightly absurd. Ok, I find it completely absurd. The strike isn't just limited to doormen, as this union is technically comprised of "building workers" also including handymen and other apartment building workers. Enough with the strikes already. Then again, if there is a bloggers union, I might join it...

As mentioned in a comment on yesterday's post, I will comment more tomorrow on the new TomKat baby, since I'm not sure how I feel about this kid. Is baby Suri doomed more so than baby Sean Preston? Was the birth really "silent"? How will this kid turn out if she's raised on Scientology? There are plenty of questions that need to be answered. I'll think more about it and write more tomorrow, partially because I need to come up with some additional commentary and find some new ways to make fun of Tom Cruise.

Back tomorrow...

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Ross said...

Hey Alexis, why don't you cry about it?

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not think you will be worse off than a walk-up...you can take your chinese take out in an elevator or put your trash in a trash shoot. The walk-up low lifes of the world take care of these things all by ourselves ;)The whole thing will be over by next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home